Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-24-2005, 12:15 PM   #1
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Webster's International or Collegiate Dictionary?

I need a good electronic dictionary for my studies. Now I am torn between Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged and Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition. Price and memory requirements don't really matter. I know many recommend the Collegiate dictionary, but how does it compare to the Unabridged International dictionary?
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:32 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I have been using the Collegiate Dictionary with eReader and it works very well. I didn't even know they had the Unabridged as an e-book version! I guess you could call this the most complete English dictionary that is available for handheld devices!

As to which one I would prefer... well if you gave me the choice and if money does not matter, I would of course go for the big one - more information = more fun
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert