Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
ViperVisor
ViperVisor began at the beginning.

Device: none
Aluratek Libre Pro help with Calibre.

Mom getting one. Wanted to spice it up with goodies before wrapping. I just took it straight from the box and plugged it in + the device installer.

Had already installed Calibre and selected Jetbook as the device. But once I ran it again with it plugged into the usb, the overview it had no send to device option.

I re-installed Calibre after I had the Libre Pro hooked in and still no luck. That is about the limit of my trouble shooting skills.

This is the No SD card version and I don't have one right now to do the Firmware update. Is that the problem?

I just used the drag and drop of the Folder after using the newspaper feed DL feature *ESPN and NYT didn't work, 2 others I picked did* and it was not well formatted for reading with words running off to the right of the screen, is that because it wasn't fixed up automatically when you do a proper send to device using Calibre?

Thanks
ViperVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
There is a Calibre forum here that would provide a better chance that your questions
will be answered to your satisfaction.

You don't need to do anything to Calibre for it to recognize when a device becomes
connected to your PC, through an USB port. All you need to do is have Calibre running
then plugin your USB cable to your device. This assumes that you are running an
operating system (OS) that itself recognizes when a USB device is connected.

Assuming you mean that you went to "the containing folder" and dragged the file that
was your newspaper feed, in a format that your Libre Pro and its firmware version
supports into the drive letter that your OS assigned to your device, then it should be
readable on your device. If the file in the folder is not one that the Libre supports,
Calibre can convert it to one like .epub that it does support.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Try turning the Libre on before plugging in the USB cable.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote