Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 05:26 AM   #31
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Wondering if we should start a DNR list for books that have problems.

Problems would be grammar errors, formatting issues, using contemporary words in a historical setting?
I totally agree with this. Probably I won't be aware of grammar errors (not so good level of English) but formatting, yes, and historical incoherences... I still remember a friend of mine talking about a book, set in XIX century, where the heroine goes from London to South Africa and back in two weeks.. and only with a male companion
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:46 AM   #32
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Happy 2014 all!

Couple of contemporary freebies:

Back to You by Jessica Mastorak0s
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F2ECY4E

Lovers at Heart by Melissa Foster
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G0ZRN18
(First in a series)
and she has another freebie, another series starter:
Sisters in Love
http://www.amazon.com/Sisters-Love-B.../dp/B00EF6LY2I
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #33
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Free:
This is a new series of short books, 1st book is free at Kobo [49 pages, weird thing is it's not even showing up for me at Amazon yet] but IIRC some of you are fans of hers: Sawyer Bennett Legal Affairs: Objection

Also supposed to be free is Proposition by Jennifer Lyon. I'm not posting link because it looks like geo-restricted so click carefully!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:53 PM   #34
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Here are two of my babies

Cupcake is black & white (a dutch mix)

Coale is solid black (a mini lop) he is shedding and looks horrible. Poor thing needs brushing but he hates it and I am not in the mood to deal with him today.

In their new x-pens in my office

I don't know why but the picture is not showing up - http://ow.ly/i/4bpGU/original

Last edited by KyBunnies; 01-02-2014 at 12:56 PM.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #35
bluesapphires2k
Connoisseur
bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesapphires2k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch, kindle paperwhite, kobo aura (ed 2)
Another lurker here: can I sneak in another recommendation for the list (way) after the close date? I couldn't decide on one and then realize last night when I couldn't sleep that I should have posted Meljean Brook's The Iron Duke.
bluesapphires2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #36
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
They look like happy bunnies!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesapphires2k View Post
Another lurker here: can I sneak in another recommendation for the list (way) after the close date? I couldn't decide on one and then realize last night when I couldn't sleep that I should have posted Meljean Brook's The Iron Duke.
Sure I'll leave it open for the rest of the week. Seeing we have some regulars here who haven't seen it yet they are probably still away for the holidays.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:52 PM   #38
Ararose
Enthusiast
Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Ararose turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesapphires2k View Post
Oh, I love that series! One day I'll get around to reading her other series.
Ararose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:57 PM   #39
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Thanks so much for this discussion. I should finish my second book of the year tonight-His Wicked Ways.

I am a freak about backing things up. I download everything to Calibre, and back that up in dropbox and a back-up drive. But with the virtual libraries, it is easy to separate free from paid.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #40
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
I won $15 for taking third place in the fantasy football league this year. I am now the proud owner of a lot more Stephanie Rowe books than I was before the FF league ended. I blame whoever it was that asked me about them in the last thread!
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #41
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I won $15 for taking third place in the fantasy football league this year. I am now the proud owner of a lot more Stephanie Rowe books than I was before the FF league ended. I blame whoever it was that asked me about them in the last thread!
That would be me!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:57 PM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Thanks so much for this discussion. I should finish my second book of the year tonight-His Wicked Ways.

I am a freak about backing things up. I download everything to Calibre, and back that up in dropbox and a back-up drive. But with the virtual libraries, it is easy to separate free from paid.
I'm on my first book still Better Watch Out by Dani Sinclair. It's a HQI book. It's okay nothing really special but For the last three Christmas I told myself I am going to read it. I'm on 80% so just about done.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:38 AM   #43
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I just found out Kensington bought Lyrical Press! How exciting. I bet this means they are going to try all digital imprint. I wonder if the price will go down on the LP books? I imagine we will see more known writers using the Lyrical Press. I wonder if it they will rename it.

I have always been a supporter of Kensington as they are one of the publisher's who never bought into Agency pricing. They allow discounts and they have some of the most original quality content.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-03-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #44
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Preacher's Bride, The (Hearts of Faith Book #1) by Jody Hedlund

Free at Amazon

Publisher: Bethany House Publishers

Quote:
In 1650s England, a young Puritan maiden is on a mission to save the baby of her newly widowed preacher--whether her assistance is wanted or not. Always ready to help those in need, Elizabeth ignores John's protests of her aid. She's even willing to risk her lone marriage prospect to help the little family.

Yet Elizabeth's new role as nanny takes a dangerous turn when John's boldness from the pulpit makes him a target of political and religious leaders. As the preacher's enemies become desperate to silence him, they draw Elizabeth into a deadly web of deception. Finding herself in more danger than she ever bargained for, she's more determined than ever to save the child--and man--she's come to love.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #45
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Two great $.99 deals if you don't already have them. IIRC there's a few of us collecting Andrea Smith.

Law Man - Kristen Ashley

Night Moves - Andrea Smith [book 3 G-Man Series]
If you haven't checked out the series, looks like the first 2 are on sale for $.99 also. AFAIK, not available at Kobo
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote