Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
broadsteel
broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.broadsteel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none yet
Question about putting books on Nexus 7

Hi, bought the Nexus 7 32gb today. Looks beautiful, really.

I got the Aldiko app, and have downloaded some of my epubs. However, there is a sort of "home" page on the tablet, called "My Library" where it has varied size graphics - there's a magazine, some music, and 3 books on it - these were on there and I'm not sure if they are physically in the tablet or just connecting to Google Play or something..
but I like the way it looks, and would love to see this "My Library" screen with my current book(s) I am reading.. but so far the Aldiko books can't get on there -- and I can't get my epubs on here in a way that they WILL show on this My Library screen...

does anyone have any idea how I can add my epubs so the current music or books, or whatever media I am using (have used recently) show up on this screen?

Thanks....
broadsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
That widget feeds from your Google account using Google Books, Google Music, Google Movies and Google Newstand/Magazines. AFAIK there is no way to use it with anything else and I don't recall Aldiko offering their own widget.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
I got all excited when I saw the Title thinking this was going to be a discussion about how to get the books on the GN7.

If your biggest problem is having them appear on the My Library page then you are in pretty good shape!

Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
I got all excited when I saw the Title thinking this was going to be a discussion about How to get the books onto the GN7.

If your biggest problem is having them appear on the My Library page then you are in pretty good shape! That's the kind of problem to have!

Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
It's not hard Lardae, just plug in the GN7, drag and drop your books from your pc in to the book folder on the GN7. Once that's done go to the files folder and open the ebooks folder, select all and tell it to upload to whatever reader you use.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:23 AM   #6
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I actually find it easiest simply to have my Calibre library in Dropbox and then navigate to the ePub in the Dropbox app. Tap on it and then it opens in Aldiko.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
That probably is easier, but I won't put anything of mine in the so called cloud. Not Dropbox, Googles, Amazons or anyone elses storage space. portable disks are cheap now a days and getting bigger and cheaper. There is no need to put any of your property in someones elses control to risk losing it.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
@Laridae-

I add all sideloaded books to my N7 wirelessly. Either from PC via the LAN function in ES File Explorer (free), a Seagate 1TB Wireless Plus Drive, or a Kingston 64GB Wi-Drive when traveling.

I've never bothered to use a cable.

Last edited by Skydog; 02-24-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
That probably is easier, but I won't put anything of mine in the so called cloud. Not Dropbox, Googles, Amazons or anyone elses storage space. portable disks are cheap now a days and getting bigger and cheaper. There is no need to put any of your property in someones elses control to risk losing it.
Well, with Dropbox your content is only mirrored on the cloud. You have copies of all your files in the Dropbox folder on your PC, and indeed automatically backed up to any other PCs, such as your laptop, that you have connected to the same Dropbox account.

Graham
Old 02-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #10
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
That would be very foolish if one did not have duplicates stored.

I use several clouds but I have possession of all my originals stored here on earth. It doesn't matter if a cloud dies.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #11
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Well, with Dropbox your content is only mirrored on the cloud. You have copies of all your files in the Dropbox folder on your PC, and indeed automatically backed up to any other PCs, such as your laptop, that you have connected to the same Dropbox account.

Graham
If your are referring to the Dropbox folder that resides locally on your notebook/PC, then be careful. If files disappeared from the cloud copy of your DropBox folder, those changes would be replicated the moment your PC connects to DropBox in the cloud.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #12
Jrosie
Jrosie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jrosie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jrosie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jrosie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jrosie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jrosie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jrosie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jrosie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jrosie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jrosie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jrosie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus7
I keep all my ebooks on an external drive. When there is a book I want to read I add it to my Calibre library. Using the Calibre Companion android app, available in google play, I add what I like to my reading app. If you use Moon Reader Pro, you can add your Calibre library as a catolog and download books to the reader app that way . You will be connecting your device to the Calibre library content server. This is done easily without cables.
Jrosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #13
Graham
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
If your are referring to the Dropbox folder that resides locally on your notebook/PC, then be careful. If files disappeared from the cloud copy of your DropBox folder, those changes would be replicated the moment your PC connects to DropBox in the cloud.
Yup, thanks. I only ever make changes using Calibre on my desktop. I treat the folders as read-only elsewhere, but they are a convenient way to get at the books.

I have everything backed up locally as well.

Graham
Old 02-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #14
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
One can also use Google Drive to load books onto the N7 without attaching to your PC.

Place ebooks in a folder Google Drive. Install the Google Drive app on the N7 along with a copy of ES File Explorer. Using ES File Explorer open up from Local to net and you should see Google drive open it and then copy paste the ebooks wanted to your N7 ebook folder.

Some ereaders will actually load the book you want directly from Google drive using the Google Drive app. I use Coolreader and it doesn't seem to be able to do that but I read Aldiko does.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #15
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
Some ereaders will actually load the book you want directly from Google drive using the Google Drive app. I use Coolreader and it doesn't seem to be able to do that but I read Aldiko does.
Moon+ Reader will load books directly from your Dropbox folder.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote