Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
Carriebear
Polar Bear
Carriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Nook Color (rooted), iPod Touch (jailbroken)
Benefits of Rooting Acer A500?

I bought a birthday present for myself this week - an Acer Iconia A500 tablet, on ebay refurbished for $227. I'm moving from a rooted CM7 Nook Color to the Acer, and I'm wondering if there are any benefits to rooting the Acer? Can the Acer be rooted after the ICS update? Also, if someone could link me to the latest instructions on how to root the Acer, should I decide, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Carriebear; 06-09-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Left out a word!
Carriebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1209988

That forum has a LOT of great info on rooting and all stuff pertaining to custom ROMs, kernels, etc.

As far as benefits go to THAT particular device, I'm not sure. But, in general - Freedom to optimize your device for what you want to use it for. Over-clock for power, tweak for battery life increase, changing themes, removing bloat-ware, etc... However, before you decide to jump into the rooting pool, read the instructions. Then read them again. Then read them another time. Then once more. Then do it step by step.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert