Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
New Firmware for 6" Ezreader 9/16/09

I have downloaded the latest and I am updating at this time

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The fonts are looking good on my PDFs. The ones I create are perfect at the smallest size but I do format them to the ereader screen. PDFs that I have that are created as normal documents are good but looks like as you enlarge the fonts you loss the tables.
I have not tried links or bookmarks I will leave that up to others.

Chuck
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #3
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Interesting, seems that update is the same as the 5" update [2009-09-10], now lets wait if they're gona post a new update for the 5" (acording to Robertb was suposed to come last monday)

After you finish the update dont forget to post how it works
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 AM   #4
cvkemp
Loving life

After check some of my different ebooks I personally do not notice that much diffenence in the font sizes. I have noticed that my PDFs do look better and the reflow seems to be better. I do not have any ebooks with links to check that out and I do not use bookmarks at least at this time.

Chuck
Old 09-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
hyegeek
Groupie
hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ez Reader (hanlin v3)
I certainly have not yet found any differences between this latest firmware and the previous one. The issues I have are still there and links still don't work in epubs.

Bookmarking in epubs has changed for the worst in the last few firmware versions. You can no longer go to a bookmark by pressing the number button associated with it. You can no longer set a bookmark by long pressing that button. This was a feature I used a lot and now instead of a single press to do what I want, I'm having to do multiple pressing and I can't store a bookmark where I want.

Also broken in the last few firmware versions in the ability to display a TOC using the embedded font. This really breaks my ability to have a foreign language book with a usable TOC.
hyegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
I must loaded the new firmware and I thought that the Epub and PDF books looked formatted nicer. To my eye the fonts are improved. I played with book marking in Epub and finally figured it out (not as intuitive as I would like).
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #7
hyegeek
Groupie
hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ez Reader (hanlin v3)
Since my first firmware, things have improved quite a bit. Between the current and the last one, I have not seen any difference at all. I'm sure something has changed, I just have not figured out what it is.
hyegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
Interesting, seems that update is the same as the 5" update [2009-09-10], now lets wait if they're gona post a new update for the 5" (acording to Robertb was suposed to come last monday)

After you finish the update dont forget to post how it works
I hope this is not the same Monday as Bookeen's Monday.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote