Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-23-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
Courtman
Courtman began at the beginning.

Device: Stanza (with Calibre to create an online catalog)
EPUB format error?

Hi

First post on here, thanks for a good system in Calibre - seems like once I've fully figured it out it'll be perfect for me!

I've converted the first of my ebooks into EPUB format so I can upload it to my iPhone and read it on Stanza. I normally read an ebook with a black background and dark grey font. When I transferred the books using Stanza Desktop from their original Mobipocket format this works fine, however when I open an EPUB file which I converted on Calibre I can read it fine on Stanza Desktop but it comes up on my iPhone as black text on a black background...!

If I put a white background with black text it works just fine...

Any idea why this would happen - I'm sure its something I'm doing wrong, I just can't figure out what!
Courtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont own an iphone, so I cant help, hopefully someone who does will comment.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I dont own an iphone, so I cant help, hopefully someone who does will comment.
Perhaps you should ask for donations towards getting you an iPhone (ir iTouch) just to help with testing
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:02 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Isn't there a Windows version of Stanza that can be used for testing?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There is a Windows version of Stanza (called Stanza Desktop) but it is very different to the iPhone/iTouch version so is not an appropraite test vehicle.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Perhaps you should ask for donations towards getting you an iPhone (ir iTouch) just to help with testing
I'd rather not unless more problems crop up, I have a profusion of gadgets cluttering my house as it is
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote