Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
"Unnatural Time" - Free eBook short story (Sci-Fi / Adventure)

My latest short story, "Unnatural Time", is now up for free on Smashwords.com in multiple eBook formats. Here is the blurb:

Quote:
Mr. Kite's Cavalcade of Unnatural History tours the country, presenting unusual wonders and sights, but something more sinister is at work. For Palequus and Peter, agents sent to investigate, they realize what a threat the Cavalcade is. But can a retired Grim Reaper and discharged cherub stop Mr. Kite and his plans, lest they become a curiosity of the Cavalcade, a memento of a forgotten history?
Click here to download to "Unnatural History". And as always, feedback is welcome.
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:38 AM   #2
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Picked up all your short stories to read when I have some time.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's great to hear. I'd love to hear your thoughts when you are finished reading them.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz

Also, cover artist K. Woo maintains a blog here, where you can sample her other artistic wares.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:41 PM   #5
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I read the first page or so of this, but I seem to find it difficult to juggle more than one book at once.

I will be getting to it soon though.

Regards
Caleb
Old 12-26-2010, 06:27 AM   #6
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Finally got to this.

Cool little story. The only thing I was disappointed about was that this could've really been fleshed out to be a great novella.

Peter and Palequus were great characters that I'd like to know more about and I think I could have enjoyed Mr Kite's Cavalcade of Unnatural History could have been a really interesting location for a much bigger story.

Regards
Caleb
Old 12-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #7
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz

Caleb, thanks for reading the story and the honest feedback, I greatly appreciate it. I plan on doing more Palequus and Peter tales, and subsequently put them in a collection. You gave me an idea to expand "Unnatural Time"... thanks!

If you are so inclined, would you mind posting your review on the Smashwords site? I think it would be useful to potential readers, and for someone like me getting started, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again and I hope you'll try my other fiction out.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Collected works for the two characters would be great - but it would be good to flesh them out more as characters - a bit of backstory wouldn't hurt, particularly for Peter - eg. why is he disgraced. Also would love to know why the alternate reality he experienced scared him so much.

I wrote the review on Smashwords - with some corrections as my English was shocking in my last post.

I have your other stories on my device as I'm finishing off 2010 with some short stories, so I'll have them all read by 2011.

Regards
Caleb
Old 01-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #9
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz

"Unnatural Time" is now available from B&N's website: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Unn...unnatural+time

Tags
adventure, grim reaper, sci-fi, time