Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #1216
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
whoa! never seen this before

I like poetry, but don't usually try in a foreign language... I love haiku, I'll try one in English:

the sound of tires:
the dog goes chasing around
always tirelessly

hope the 5-7-5 metric is right in English. I count 2 for tires, but only 3 for tirelessly. It seems when I pronounce it that "reless" goes in one gulp. is it right?
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #1217
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

I like "An Even Trade" better. Less thinking required.
A man after my own heart, those damn intellektual poems make me crazy!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #1218
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
whoa! never seen this before

I like poetry, but don't usually try in a foreign language... I love haiku, I'll try one in English:

the sound of tires:
the dog goes chasing around
always tirelessly

hope the 5-7-5 metric is right in English. I count 2 for tires, but only 3 for tirelessly. It seems when I pronounce it that "reless" goes in one gulp. is it right?
Good job. I love Haiku. Did you see the Maven Mars Haikus?
(mine got ZERO votes. )

http://lasp.colorado.edu/maven/going...ntest-winners/
Old 08-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #1219
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

wow! NASA loves haikus too!

awesome selection they chose

damn, missed a chance to seed another planet LOL
Old 08-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #1220
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echase View Post
Salt Shaker

The eggs lay dreaming
Stretched out on the pan
The heat of romance
The kiss of butter sweet
Lies
I held it before my eyes
The glass
The soul shaped salt shaker
It looked just like me
Empty
haha, pretty good
Advert
Old 08-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #1221
kennyc

A Martian Odyssey

There are no clouds in the Martian sky
Curiosity cries at night
when no one hears her silent tears
when no one feels her pain

The sunsets are as thin as the air
no sounds are heard from afar
she cries for Sojourner the oldest here
whose time was cut so short

She wishes to visit him and the others
her brothers and sisters on Mars
but the signal directs, the command is clear
she turns towards Mount Sharp

Kenny A. Chaffin – 8/10/13
Old 08-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #1222
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

sentient and emotional robots.

the Japanese could send Kirobo there for company
Old 08-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #1223
kennyc

(not trying to swamp, just being poetic the last few days....dang muse! I never know)

Old Men Walking

The old-time buddies
walk each day
sharing time and a bit of talk

I’m slightly younger
and walk alone
we exchange greetings of the day

As I come up behind
I edge over to pass
when a bare-chested jogger appears

His perfect pecs
and six-pack abs
on view for all to see

The oldster in the Navy cap
says something to the rest,
which draws guffaws and grins

As I pass I tell them, that I could do that too
except of course it would result
in massive man-boob lust

Kenny A. Chaffin – 8/11/13
Old 08-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #1224
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

muses can be a bitch. nice and I proclaim this already my favorite thread

language and tongue
boy employs on a sunda(e/y):
works an ice-culpture

there you go

Last edited by Namekuseijin; 08-11-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #1225
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

what a shame! It's actually "sundae", though the double meaning is intended...
Old 08-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #1226
kennyc

Quote:
what a shame! It's actually "sundae", though the double meaning is intended...
You can edit...
Old 08-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #1227
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

and yet another, barely haiku at all:

I score yet I lose:
another ball of paper
into the wastebin

Old 08-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #1228
kennyc

I like it!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #1229
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
and yet another, barely haiku at all:

I score yet I lose:
another ball of paper
into the wastebin

Nice.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #1230
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

thanx

incessant chirp-charp
in all melodic phrases:
I'm all ears

Tags
poetry, squirrelku