Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 09:04 AM   #16
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
No - that is a limitation of how the Kindle Fire browser saves downloads, and is nothing to do with Calibre. You will hit this issue on the Fire trying to ownload from any web site. If on the Fire it allowed you to download to a user specified location then this problem could be avoided.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #17
djeaton
djeaton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Question Newbie questions

I'm having some Kindle Fire issues/questions as well.

1. When I send books to my Kindle, I loose the cover. The title of the book shows as the cover. Is there a way to get the cover as well?
2. I can't figure out how to sort by series number on the Kindle. Is there some way to possibly add the book number as a prefix to the title?
3. I really like Aldiko on the Kindle and the way I can filter by author or collections. Is there some way to (1) have Calibre export the books in Epub format into Aldiko's library and (2) auto-create a collection for each series?
djeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #18
Dreading
Dreading began at the beginning.

Device: Fire and Sony Pocket E-Reader
I'm having a similar issue as djeaton's #1. I've been using Calibre with my Fire for about a month. Until about 3 days ago, I had no trouble with the covers displaying on the Fire. If I had the cover downloaded in Calibre, it showed the cover on the Fire. If I didn't have the cover downloaded in Calibre, it showed the title and the Calibre logo on the Fire. Now, I just have blank grayed out pages on the Fire whether or not I have the cover downloaded in Calibre.

Update: I just tried removing all the books off the Fire and then reloading them. The only covers that display are books that were originally in MOBI format. The ones that I converted from EPUB and the downloaded news magazines all have the the gray-nothing cover. Also, when I click on one of these gray covers, it initially shows this weird collage of partial app icons and covers (really hard to describe) and then goes to the book.

Clarification: Covers are showing up under books, just not on the carousel.

Update 1/17: Upgraded to the newest version of Calibre and it is now fixed.

Last edited by Dreading; 01-17-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: update troubleshooting
Dreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #19
Dreading
Dreading began at the beginning.

Device: Fire and Sony Pocket E-Reader
Update: Just upgraded to 8.37 and now original MOBI and periodical covers display on the carousel. But, books converted from EPUB do not - just a grayed out page.
Dreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There have been no changes to the handling of covers in the MOBI format in any recent calibre release. Your problems are unrelated to calibre version.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #21
saxondawg
Connoisseur
saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle paperwhite
I have a different issue with covers in the Kindle Fire, albeit a minor issue. I see all my covers, but many covers of Calibre-converted books are "vertically challenged"--that is, they are squashed. The dimensions are generally the same as other covers, but for some reason there will be a row on the bookshelf where all the book covers are squashed. It doesn't do this with Amazon-downloaded books, only with a number of the Calibre books--and it has done this on both of my Fires. I also notice that is does several covers in a row like this, suggesting that it's not a problem with the files or jpgs, but something weird about the Fire itself. But I haven't noticed anyone else having this problem.
saxondawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book, epub, fire, kindle, problem