Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
gertblij
Enthusiast
gertblij has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3
Can I synchronise Calibre and Kindle? (NEWBIE)

Can I synchronise Calibre and Kindle after having updated several books in Calibre?
TIA
Gert
gertblij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
You can send the ebooks via email directly to your Kindle after you put them in Calibre, just by clicking on the arrow next to connect/share. You'll find several posts here on Mobileread about how to set up Calibre to do that.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Gert.

Come along and introduce yourself. Lots to do and learn from this site.

Use the links below for more help.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
You cannot sync automatically and that is what I assume you are asking... You will have to send the books to the kindle after fixing them in Calibre
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #5
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
You cannot sync automatically and that is what I assume you are asking... You will have to send the books to the kindle after fixing them in Calibre
I have a question related to this -- is it possible to send/load these books in such a way that they replace the existing book?

Right now, if I do what I think is "overwriting" the book, the Kindle tells me there's two copies on the device (even though there's only one physical copy of the ebook). If I delete the first book and write the new copy, it tells me I have a "new" book on the device.

In both cases I lose bookmarks/last page read/etc. I have to assume the metadata files are somehow different.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle, synchronise