Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
deddajay
Cynical Pragmatist
deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.deddajay beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1 & PW2, Samsung Tab S7+
Question Kindle Embedded Image Links

I can't find anyone else with this problem, so haven't been able to find a solution.

I've recently found a few books are opening Kindle for PC whenever I view the book in the Calibre viewer and click on the cover link in the Contents section. This is annoying me so I've tracked down the reason to an embedded Kindle link in the file. This reads as: kindle:embed:0005?mime=image/jpg. The image number varies of course.

As the files have been converted from mobi/AZW to epub, the related image is not there, and in any event I've usually changed the cover.

Is there a plugin that will automatically remove embedded kindle links, or can anyone point me in the direction as to how to do this without having to manually edit each file?

Any help gratefully received.

Thank you,
Deddajay
deddajay is offline   Reply With Quote