Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2012, 03:46 AM   #1
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
Red face Help with SSH

Hi Guys,
I'm a complete newbie on the kindle scene, I only bought one as I was recently in America and was shocked at the price, and I have managed to get my kindle jailbroken and with the kindlet jailbreak and ixtab's JBPatch installed as well as the GUI Launcher and the 'Launcher Collection'.
The problem I have is that I have no idea how to SSH the the kindle. I have enabled Usbnetwork from the launcher and installed the drivers for the network device on my Win7 Ultimate x64 machine, and I seem to be able to ping the device at 192.168.15.244 after setting the network adapter's settings to 192.168.15.1 and 255.255.255.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated, or any tips on how to sort it over Wi-Fi would also be great as the instructions I have found I am struggling to follow.
I'm no n00b with computers at all, however the instructions or the wording at least I find very hard to grasp.
Thanks,
Bill

EDIT: Completely forgot to mention the fact that I have puTTY here and I also tried WinSCP which I use to SSH to my iPod touch. I don't remember SSHing ever being this stubborn before . It just gives me an error which says "PuTTY Fatal Error - Network error: Connection refused" when I try to connect to 192.168.15.244. I'm doing this all while booted into the normal OS, with the toggle in the launcher. I've not yet tried the diags mode.

Last edited by BillyBigStuff; 08-05-2012 at 04:00 AM.
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:23 AM   #2
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
Woops, nevermind
I had presumed the simple usbnet was already installed as the toggle was there in the launcher however I have installed it now and SSH appears to be working.
Bill
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert