Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Collection Questions

I made my 1st collection for the King James Bible. It's broken into 9 different books. I named it Bible-KJV and put all 9 books in the folder. My question is this: Is it possible to be display just in that folder? The 9 books are showing up on my regular books library on the reader and when I delete them then they also are deleted from the Bible-KJV folder collection on the reader. The whole reason of making a folder is to eliminate them from the main menu. What am I doing wrong?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
A collection isn't a folder. It's more like a playlist on an MP3 player. You can't not have them listed in the main book list.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
A collection isn't a folder. It's more like a playlist on an MP3 player. You can't not have them listed in the main book list.
Thanks for letting me know. I don't think Sony put a lot of thought into this. I'm disappointed that it does not work the way I thought it would. My 1st major disappointment with my reader, oh well! I still think my 505 is the bomb!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Folders are something I would certainly welcome. I know Bookeen mentioned they'd be adding it to the Cybook at some point. Haven't heard anything about Sony.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:57 PM   #5
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Just sort of ignore the main Library list and "live" out of Collections. That's what I've come around to doing but I agree it is a mental workaround.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Just sort of ignore the main Library list and "live" out of Collections. That's what I've come around to doing but I agree it is a mental workaround.
Yep, that's what I do too.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:42 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have a bunch of collections I use. I don't go to the main book list any longer. Collections work fine for me. A lot easier to find the content that I want.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote