Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #1
mj72
mj72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Iphone4
Kindle purchased content portability

Hi all,
I am new to Kindle (just ordered my K3 2 days ago) and was wondering a few things.

1.) If I were to purchase a kindle book now and deliver it to my iphone, will I later be able to read this on my PC and K3?

2.) I have ordered my K3 with my account (not as a gift). I am in the Canadian store. Would I be able to switch to the US Kindle store if I have a US credit card?

Thanks in advance!

mj
mj72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
1) Absolutely. Every Kindle App requires registration to your Amazon account. Download a book onto your iPhone, Blackberry, Android device, PC, Mac, and they are all stored on the Amazon server. On any device, go to "Archived Items" and click the book you want to read. It will then download to that device.You can also go to Amazon and click on account, "Manage your Kindle", and all your registered devices will be in a drop down menu beside every book you ever purchased on any device.

2) No idea.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
2.) I have ordered my K3 with my account (not as a gift). I am in the Canadian store. Would I be able to switch to the US Kindle store if I have a US credit card?
You need to have a valid US Address linked to your Canadian account, then yes you can link your Kindle to the US address in the Manage Your Kindle page and then you should be able to buy from the US store. The location of the credit card doesn't seem to matter, its the address on your account that seems to be the deciding factor
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
mj72

Thanks I will try that. Though, dare I ask what happens if you want to change from one store to another? Likely the content is no longer available or some-such.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
You keep previously purchased content if you switch to a store that doesn't have that content so nothing really changes.

The only thing that does happen if you do change is that all subscriptions are cancelled. You need to resubscribe after you've switched. If your old subscription doesn't exist on the store then you can't get it.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
mj72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
You keep previously purchased content if you switch to a store that doesn't have that content so nothing really changes.

The only thing that does happen if you do change is that all subscriptions are cancelled. You need to resubscribe after you've switched. If your old subscription doesn't exist on the store then you can't get it.
Thanks for the info Tiersten, much appreciated!