Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #286
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Aw... the import seems to ignore my Overdrive titles.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #287
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

The Last Honest Seamstress US DE by Gina Robinson (repeat freebie).

Quote:
Seattle 1889

Too many rough, lonely men, too few respectable women;
Brothels full of prostitutes who call themselves seamstresses;
Two sewing machines;
One real seamstress who desperately needs a husband--of convenience
And one man who will do anything to win her love...
Even make a dangerous deal with Seattle's most notorious madam.
If you're a fan of The Dressmaker, you'll love the gripping historical details and emotional epic love story in The Last Honest Seamstress.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #288
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I just picked this up It came out today.

$4.13 at Books on Board

What Happens in Scotland by Jennifer McQuiston

Blurb:
Quote:
She Woke Up Married

When Lady Georgette Thorold awoke she saw . . . her corset hanging from the armoire . . . a very handsome, very naked Scotsman lying beside her . . . and a wedding ring on her finger!

Before the attractive stranger can tell her his name, Georgette does the only sensible thing--she runs for it.

Little does she know, James MacKenzie isn't clear on what happened the night before either. All he knows is that his money is missing and the stunning woman who just ran from the room is either his wife or a thief . . . or possibly both.

What happens in Scotland when two complete strangers fall madly, deeply in love?
The plots looks interesting. I saw this on Happily Ever After blog. The blurb caught me. I thought is this a woke up married plot but set in a historical setting? How interesting! I haven't come across but one other book like that and it was a western.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-26-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #289
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The new Nicky Charles book is out!

You can get it @ Smashwords

This is fifth in her Werewolves series. (All Free)

Nicky Charles is a special lady. She does this for fun. Not for any profit. Her books are published worthy so don't let the free tag fool you. It's a great series and one I highly recommend.
Finally available on the Nook!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #290
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Out of Control (The Kincaid Brides Book #1) [Kindle Edition]
Mary Connealy (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Control-Kincai..._154606011_f_4

Quote:
Julia Gilliland has always been interested in the natural world around her. She particularly enjoys her outings to the cavern near her father's homestead, where she explores for fossils and formations, and plans to write a book about her discoveries. The cave seems plenty safe--until the day a mysterious intruder steals the rope she uses to find her way out.

Rafe Kincaid has spent years keeping his family's cattle ranch going, all without help from his two younger brothers, who fled the ranch--and Rafe's controlling ways--as soon as they were able. He's haunted by one terrible day at the cave on a far-flung corner of the Kincaid property, a day that changed his life forever. Ready to put the past behind him, he plans to visit the cave one final time. He sure doesn't expect to find a young woman trapped in one of the tunnels--or to be forced to kiss her!

Rafe is more intrigued by Julia than any woman he's ever known, but how can he overlook her fascination with the cave he despises? And when his developing relationship with Julia threatens his chance at reconciliation with his brothers, will he be forced to choose between the family bonds that could restore his trust and the love that could heal his heart?
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #291
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Another book on sale from Penguin (Yay! I hit the wish list lottery!! )

The Surrender of Miss Fairbourne (Fairbourne #1) by Madeline Hunter - Kindle (hasn't dropped anywhere else yet) $1.99

Quote:
A woman running a prestigious London auction house? Preposterous! But that is exactly what Emma Fairbourne intends to do when her father dies, leaving her the reins of this fabulous enterprise. Of course, she is not addlepated enough to do this openly and scare away her wealthy collectors. So she and her friend concoct a deception, hiring a handsome and charming front man who will do her bidding…

All would have proceeded smoothly—if it weren’t for the maddening interference of Darius, the arrogant Earl of Southwaite, who has been her father’s “silent partner” and now shares ownership of Fairbourne’s. An earl, of course, has no interest in running an auction house—and Darius is certainly not interested in allowing the lovely Miss Fairbourne to run it either, her ludicrous scheme notwithstanding. Clearly the business must be sold.

But the headstrong Emma is like no other lady he has ever encountered, refusing to follow his dictates. Holding his temper in check, Darius decides to attack on a different front. There is another way to achieve her surrender, one far more pleasurable for both of them…

Last edited by apesmom; 02-27-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: oops, forgot to include the price
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #292
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon:

Sleeping With the Enemy US DE by Laurie Breton (has written for Ellora's Cave).

Quote:
They met at her brother's wedding, and the handsome stranger swept her off her feet. The initial attraction was easy. The trust? That was a little harder.

Hard experience has taught Rose MacKenzie Kenneally that men can't be trusted. But when gorgeous high school English teacher Jesse Lindstrom sweeps her off her feet at her brother's wedding, Rose temporarily forgets that she's given up on men forever. Eight weeks later, the unthinkable happens when this thirty-six-year-old divorced mother of two teenagers realizes she's pregnant by a man she barely knows.

When Jesse proposes marriage, Rose digs in her heels. She cherishes her hard-won freedom, and no man, no matter how infuriatingly sexy or nice, is going to take that away from her. But her teenagers are running wild in the city. Her ex, Eddie the snake, is too busy with his new trophy wife to be bothered with something as trivial as fatherhood. Luke and Devon need the stabilizing influence of a man like Jesse Lindstrom. So she accepts Jesse's proposal with a few conditions of her own.

Jesse wants a real marriage, but Rose is determined to resist his charm. The harder she resists, the harder he pushes, and indifference becomes increasingly difficult. But Rose carries a dark secret, one she's kept hidden for twenty years, a secret that could destroy their shaky marriage. When Jesse faces a serious accusation, Rose is forced to confront her demons head-on. Is Jesse Lindstrom the one man she can trust? Or will she discover that she's sleeping with the enemy?
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #293
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For those of you that have discovered the crack that is Kristen Ashley . . .
Her first 2 books from her Unfinished Hero (Knight & Creed) series are on sale for $0.99 through Sunday. Should be available at all retailers, I just used a code at Kobo and got them for $0.69.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #294
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Her first 2 books from her Unfinished Hero (Knight & Creed) series are on sale for $0.99 through Sunday. Should be available at all retailers, I just used a code at Kobo and got them for $0.69.
Warning on Knight: I read it and it was really bad. Her worst book if you ask me but you if you don't read Knight though the other books in the series wont make sense.

Spoiler:
The Hero is a Pimp and makes the heroine call him Daddy while having sex. It was really a OMG book for me because I read it right after 50 Shades. It has the same kind of flavor. The hero dialogue half the time doesn't make sense and left me scratching my head. KA tried to make him sound like a gangsta but failed miserably. To me it sounded like gibberish.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #295
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Loved this! I think I will check her out!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #296
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Warning on Knight: I read it and it was really bad. Her worst book if you ask me but you if you don't read Knight though the other books in the series wont make sense.
I was iffy on wanting to read this series because of what I've read about Knight, for the price I'm going to give it a try.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #297
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Help!!

I have become addicted to buying Amazon box sets. 99 cents for 800 pages. Just bought one about Philadelphia Phillies (baseball season is almost here!), one about heartbreakers, but they all look good!!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #298
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I was iffy on wanting to read this series because of what I've read about Knight, for the price I'm going to give it a try.
Just go in prepared and I think you will be okay. The gibberish dialogue was the hardest part for me to get past. The hero just didn't make much sense at all. You will see what I mean. This book is like none of her other books even Creed is nothing like it. If you can get past Knight the other books in the series are much more like her other books.

On Facebook. KA doesn't really talk normal either. It's so hard to believe she is the author of her other books because she always trying to sound very young I guess.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #299
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

This isn't necessary a Romance but it does have romantic elements in it.

On Sale for $0.99
Liar, Liar: A Cat DeLuca Mystery by K. J. Larsen

Kobo Nook Itunes

If you like Stephanie Plum then you will like this series. It doesn't have the ridiculousness that the Plum series has but it does have similarities. It holds it own though. There are two romantic interests for the heroine. I got the first two from Kobo with coupon but for 99 cents you got to get this one! I have the third on hold at my library it comes out on the fifth. You know me I don't really get into a series unless I feel there is enough romance or hot guys in it.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-27-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #300
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

On Sale for $0.99

Saved by the Rancher by Jennifer Ryan
Book One: The Hunted Series
(Contemporary Romance)
Publisher: Avon Impulse Release

This was a pre-order but it's now released and still at 99 cents.
So if you haven't picked it up yet you still can.

The second one is up for pre-order for $1.99 (4/9/13)