Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 04:44 AM   #1
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Question epub mimetype and Content Server

Hi guys

Since the latest iBooks update I can't open epubs in iBooks - iPad - when downloading them from the Content Server. Had never had this problem before.

I've been googling around and some folks suggest that iBooks requires the mimetype set to application/epub+zip. I don't really know if this is the reason iBooks will not open epubs any more.

I installed Stanza and it opens the epubs without problem.

What mimetype uses the Content Server when serving epubs? I've been looking for a server conf file but can't find it.

Many thanks
Paul
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:47 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre-debug -c "from calibre import guess_type; print guess_type('a.epub')[0]"

Will tell you what mimetype calibre uses for epub.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre-debug -c "from calibre import guess_type; print guess_type('a.epub')[0]"

Will tell you what mimetype calibre uses for epub.
Many thanks Kovid.

It definitely is application/epub+zip.

Oh well, another bug in iBooks.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Works for me. IOS 6, iBooks 2.2, downloading ePub from content server.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #5
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Works for me. IOS 6, iBooks 2.2, downloading ePub from content server.

G
It used to work for me too, iOS 5.1.1 - 1st gen iPad - , iBooks 2.2, but suddenly iBooks won't open when clicking on "Open in iBooks" or "Open in..." -> iBooks.

Can open the ePubs in Dropbox and Stanza, which are the other 2 apps available.

Don't know if it's because I have many books in iBooks. Have removed many but still...