Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Ghallo
Ghallo began at the beginning.

Device: WP7, Freda
calibre-server questions/requests

Annoyingly Windows Phone 7 has a lot of limitations. Thanks to Calibre and it's server I can work around those limitations and I'm very grateful!

Here's the issue I have right now. I have a home network with a primary webserver (static IP, all that) running W2k8R2 server and IIS. I have installed Calibre on that server and I can put books there and get to them from anywhere in the world by going to http://www.mydomainhere.com:8080/odps

This works great for the most part.
However, since calibre-server isn't installed as a service I had to set it up as a scheduled task and then I am rebooting my server to start the task (so it will run in the background instead of in the user session)

The problem is that I don't manage my e-books from my server. I manage them from my desktop. So when I grab a new e-book I have to log into my server to manage it. I discovered a work around by having Calibre point to the same network share on both machines - but then the server will not update the online catelog until I reboot the machine.

So, 2 primary questions:

1. Is there an easier way (using Windows ... not going to move to Linux) to manage calibre-server?
2. Is there a way the web-client can be used to refresh the catelog?

Thanks for your time!
Ghallo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre-server