Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #676
Kraftwerk
Zealot
Kraftwerk began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Does anyone have any idea why they disappeared in the first place?
Kraftwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #677
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
Does anyone have any idea why they disappeared in the first place?
Well, I think you have given yourself an answer, if you have done recently a sync:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post

'Clear this list after a sync to this device' was ticked - could this be the problem?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2015, 06:19 AM   #678
Kraftwerk
Zealot
Kraftwerk began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
I've sorted it out - it was easy in the end.

Just connected my kindle, highlighted all the books that are on my kindle and added them to my 'reading list'.

All done!
Kraftwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:58 AM   #679
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I always have 2 lists

One for what's going on my tablet and 1 for what's already on it
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #680
Kyle4G
Kyle4G began at the beginning.

Suggested Enhancements

I use Reading List to primarily maintain a list of books I'd like to read and the order I'd like to read them. It works great but I have a couple of suggestions that I think would improve it.

On the Edit Reading List screen:
1. Add drag and drop (same as available with Manage Series)
2. Add Icons to move selected books to the TOP/BOTTOM of the list
3. Add Icons to move selected books UP/DOWN 10 positions
4. Add Icon to move selected books to a position before a requested position

These options would make it a lot easier to move books around on a list. My current reading list has almost 400 books so if I add a new book and want to move it up closer to the top of the list, it takes a lot of clicking on the "up" icon to get there.

Finally, I'm not sure if it's the older computer (Core2 Duo T6400 2.00GHz) I use for Calibre but any reorganization of my reading list can take a couple minutes to finish. I also experience the same issue using Manage Series. I'm no computer expert but seems like it shouldn't take that long to re-order a list of 400 records. If I don't know what I'm talking about then slap me up side the head and I'll keep my mouth shut and be happy.

Keep up the great work! I'm a huge fan of Calibre and I recommended it to anyone and everyone I can.

Thanks in advance,
Kyle
Kyle4G is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2015, 10:56 PM   #681
truth1ness
Zealot
truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

I'm a bit confused about the "When syncing this list:" dropdown options. I simply want to:

1) Add books from the list that aren't yet on my device
2) Leave books on the list that are on the device alone on the device
3) Remove any books on the device that are no longer on the reading list

But for some reason every I sync it does a massive sync replacing every single book (whether I select Add All or Replace All, and only Replace all deletes removed books). There may be zero changes but it still takes like 5 minutes deleting and re-writing every single file (then Dropbox has to re-process all the files on top of that). Am I doing something wrong? This seems a bit inefficient, especially since the plugin already knows what files are there if it can add only new files so it should be able to leave existing files in both lists alone, no? Is there a better way to do what I'm trying to do?

Last edited by truth1ness; 05-22-2015 at 11:14 PM.
truth1ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:40 AM   #682
nikoski
Zealot
nikoski began at the beginning.

@truth: What about the setting: "replace device with list, add new idems only"?
nikoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #683
truth1ness
Zealot
truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

I tried that and it just deleted all the synced files on the device and didn't replace anything. I don't really understand the purpose of that one.

Last edited by truth1ness; 05-23-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:54 PM   #684
truth1ness
Zealot

Ah, I see my mistake now. I had two reading lists, one for news and one for books, and I thought the plugin combined them but instead they were overwriting each other. I combined the two search queries into one and it seems to be working now. And "replace device with list, add new items only" seems to be the one I needed.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:42 PM   #685
Yumiyahachiman
Yumiyahachiman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
So I installed the plugin, and made a reading list (about 200 books) now what?
Can I make a epub or txt containing that list? Or how am I supposed to use this plugin? Sorry for my ignorance, if you guys have a manual for the plugin would be great to, just a link is fine.

Update - Ok, I think I misinterpreted the whole thing. You're supposed to create a reading list and then sync with your reader and it will put the book on your device. I'll try that now and see if they are still in the order I want.

UPDATE 2 - I tried it all, so I understand its used to easily sync all the books on your reading list to your device. But just as if you create a catalog with convert books, it puts them alphabetically. What I want is a reading list (epub or txt format) with the reading order I set in my reading list. Is that an option in this plugin? (or does anybody know a way to make such a list?)

Last edited by Yumiyahachiman; 09-13-2015 at 02:57 PM.
Yumiyahachiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:43 PM   #686
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I use it for adding books to my tablet and phone.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:18 PM   #687
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumiyahachiman View Post
UPDATE 2 - I tried it all, so I understand its used to easily sync all the books on your reading list to your device. But just as if you create a catalog with convert books, it puts them alphabetically. What I want is a reading list (epub or txt format) with the reading order I set in my reading list. Is that an option in this plugin? (or does anybody know a way to make such a list?)
Wouldn't it just be easier to create a .txt file by typing in the books you want to read in the order you want to read them? I'm not really sure what the point of using a plugin would be, other than to save a handful of keystrokes. Or am I totally missing what you want?

As far as I know, putting books on your device into a certain order is a device-specific thing. For instance, the Kindle will let you order by Title or Author.
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:17 AM   #688
Yumiyahachiman
Yumiyahachiman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Yeah making a txt is the next best thing I guess.

I was just hoping that I would be able to view the list of books (in the order I made up the reading list) on my device.
But if it's device specific I'll just make the txt, shouldnt be more then an hour of copy paste
Yumiyahachiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:38 AM   #689
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Yeah making a txt is the next best thing I guess.

I was just hoping that I would be able to view the list of books (in the order I made up the reading list) on my device.
But if it's device specific I'll just make the txt, shouldnt be more then an hour of copy paste
Use the Catalog feature to output a list

1) mark books in the Library for the list ( remember to clear All previous Marked books), this is just an easy way to build the list. Normal Select works, but is easy to mess up )

2)Select all marked books (right-click Marked: option)

3)Use the Catalog to output what is shown as CSV

4)Import the CSV into your favorite Spreadsheet and sort to taste

5)Print that to file TXT or HTML

a lot of work for a Sorted List (Catalog (GUI) does not offer user field sorts)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:09 PM   #690
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
o.O

Okay, I didn't figure you wanted to track a reading order for your entire library. I just keep maybe 20-30 books on my personal reading list at a time.

theducks has a great solution for you, though. Once you get your library into the spreadsheet program, you can insert a new column and number the books in whatever order you want, then sort on that column before you export/print the whole list.
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote