Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-09-2006, 05:27 AM   #1
masc
Enthusiast
masc began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
How long does it take for the next batch of Iliad's?

With the big help of CommanderROR a lot of us got a invite this week. I bought mine on tuesday right away. So far, so good .

On Friday they started the first shipping wave to the customers. The highest stated order number which got a "Shipping started" (what ever this means) was #463 at 12:39. (So they not worked on friday afternoon ?)

The only thing that I'm afraid of is that they are now out of stock, and I have to wait for the next ship from taiwan (which maybe take 1-2 weeks more ?) ...

Anyway I'm happy that I bought my Iliad and this whole thing is good to learn patience

I'm also hope that we get next week a lot of reviews and tests ....
masc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:43 AM   #2
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
The fact that they handled so many in one go is already good news ina way. I'm not sure whether they are now out of stock or simply can't handle more shippings in one batch. They seem to be taking it very easy, doing european first, adding US later, doing it in little steps and batches...I get the feeling that they just don't have the experience neede to handle big-style shipping and are trying to make as few mistakes as possible.

We'll wait until monday and see whether the "Shipping Started" and UPS tracking number "issue" will be resolved, then we can try and get the info from them...:-)

Last edited by CommanderROR; 07-09-2006 at 09:06 AM.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2006, 06:38 AM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I really wonder, what "shipping started" means anyway.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:51 AM   #4
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

I agree with Commander. I too think it's a good sign that that many units were shipped at once. I'm a U.S. customer and my order number is 602. I was the first U.S. customer to post on confirmation so I may be near the top of the list here.

Now I don't know if say a European that ordered after me, say #604 would get one before me, but if not it sounds like at #463 that they got over 75% of the European orders shipped, assuming of course that I am the first non European to get one.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:01 AM   #5
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
I am also a US order (Order number 500; confirmed July 3rd) and think that we will see shipping to us by the end of the month. I doubt they are out of stock. Although iRex has some startup issues, I doubt they would be soliciting extra orders (e.g. here through the Commander) if they knew they were running out.
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
I think it is a matter of different batches coming in from the factory at the Philipines.
The first batch of around 500 is now being processed / sent.
The second batch -probably another 500 or so- is on its way to Germany.

And no, Masc, on friday afternoons in Holland after about 15:00 hrs, you only very rarely see any work done.
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:17 PM   #7
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

@High 5
What is your idea on this whole "Shipping Started" business?

Do you think they will start the actual shipping on monday and that is the reason why nobody has a tracking number yet or did they send out the devices but didn't manage to send the tracking numbers?
Old 07-09-2006, 12:36 PM   #8
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
I think they did a lot of preliminary paperwork last friday and that come mondaymorning they'll have UPS come round to collect the first batch.
Then UPS can start shipping out and supplying everyone in the first batch with their tracking numbers.
Mind you, I am -like you- only guessing.
Monday will come soon enough and then we'll see.

Courage mes amis!
(thats French and I really have no idea what that is doing in this posting)
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:41 PM   #9
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

May the Force be with us!

That's Star Wars and has nothing to do with anything, including reality, but who cares...^^