Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 06:06 AM   #1
timfrost
Tim Frost
timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle 3
Present-day nautical mystery thriller 'Final Passage'

Hello all, may I introduce myself and my new book?

I am Tim Frost from the UK. I wrote 'Final Passage' because there are so few contemporary thrillers with a nautical theme.

"When Martin Lancaster was eighteen, his father was mysteriously lost at sea during a yacht race. Years later Martin discovers long-lost logbooks in his mother's attic and vows to find out the truth. But he meets implacable resistance from family, business colleagues and officials, who seem prepared to stop at nothing to prevent him discovering what really happened all those years ago. "

Kindle link:http://www.amazon.com/Final-Passage-...4594231&sr=1-1

Barnes and Noble link with nice reviews: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Fin...ustreview#TABS

Thank you for reading my post and my book (if you do, which I hope!)
Tim
timfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
MaMiller
Author
MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaMiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just grabbed the sample! This one sounds 'right up my alley'!!!
MaMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfrost View Post
Hello all, may I introduce myself and my new book?

I am Tim Frost from the UK. I wrote 'Final Passage' because there are so few contemporary thrillers with a nautical theme.

"When Martin Lancaster was eighteen, his father was mysteriously lost at sea during a yacht race. Years later Martin discovers long-lost logbooks in his mother's attic and vows to find out the truth. But he meets implacable resistance from family, business colleagues and officials, who seem prepared to stop at nothing to prevent him discovering what really happened all those years ago. "

Kindle link:http://www.amazon.com/Final-Passage-...4594231&sr=1-1

Barnes and Noble link with nice reviews: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Fin...ustreview#TABS

Thank you for reading my post and my book (if you do, which I hope!)
Tim
Hi Tim..

Welcome to MobileRead... Your book sounds really interesting... I was wondering if you could upload it to Smashwords... That would save all international Kindle owners an extra $2 for the right to buy at Amazon.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:28 AM   #4
timfrost
Tim Frost
timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.timfrost writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Hi Lene & Maureen
Thanks for the comments. 'Final Passage' is available at Smashwords:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4561

It's annoying that Amazon charges such a large premium to non-US customers. But at least they now allow us to publish from anywhere.
I hope you enjoy the book.
-Tim
Old 02-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi Lene & Maureen
Thanks for the comments. 'Final Passage' is available at Smashwords:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4561

It's annoying that Amazon charges such a large premium to non-US customers. But at least they now allow us to publish from anywhere.
I hope you enjoy the book.
-Tim
Thank you, Tim... I've put your book in my cart and will get it down, when I get a few more in there.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #6
cowgirldee
cowgirldee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Tim ... I am on page 165 and can tell you that I LOVE your book so far...a real page turner. I was even caught reading at work (easy to do with the nook sitting on my desk!). Can't wait to see the ending!
cowgirldee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Tim and cowgirldee..........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Thank you for making it available on Smashwords! As a Sony user the Kindle and B&N editions are no good for me. I've added it to my library for my next purchasing spree
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #9
cowgirldee
cowgirldee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Final Passage...

Loved, loved, loved the book. I was surprised at the ending. Definitely will read more of your books so please keep writing!
Diana
cowgirldee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Welcome to MobileRead, Tim.

Well, I read the sample. How could I not buy it! Just the style of writing I enjoy.

I'm really looking forward to reading it.

EDIT UPDATE: If Smashwords ever lets me checkout, that is!
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:21 AM   #11
timfrost
Tim Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirldee View Post
Loved, loved, loved the book. I was surprised at the ending. Definitely will read more of your books so please keep writing!
Diana
Thanks Diana. It is so motivating to get feedback from appreciative readers like you. This book got zero interest from conventional publishers in the UK but since posting it as an e-book it has achieved quite a litte following. All from the USA ... I think the UK is a couple of years behind in take-up of e-reading.

I am always pleased to see reviews and ratings. The Barnes and Noble readers are keenest at doing these for some reason.

I am currently working on 'Toby in the Tropics' which is the story of a gap-year student who gets a job working on a Russian oligarch's megayacht. He witnesses a murder on his first night aboard and is promptly framed for it.

Best wishes, Tim
Old 02-19-2010, 05:25 AM   #12
timfrost
Tim Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Thank you for making it available on Smashwords! As a Sony user the Kindle and B&N editions are no good for me. I've added it to my library for my next purchasing spree
Thanks for that! The blog is great and now on my bookmarks!

Tim
Old 02-19-2010, 06:43 AM   #13
timfrost
Tim Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Tim.

Well, I read the sample. How could I not buy it! Just the style of writing I enjoy.

I'm really looking forward to reading it.

EDIT UPDATE: If Smashwords ever lets me checkout, that is!
Thanks Vicki, and I downloaded yours - and found myself reading it instead of working...

Tim
Old 02-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #14
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Thanks Vicki, and I downloaded yours - and found myself reading it instead of working...

Tim
Cheers, Tim. I hope you enjoy it.
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:42 AM   #15
lene1949
Wizard

Hi Tim...

I'm 3/4 way through your book... Love it!

Tags
mystery, nautical, thriller