Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
dokhebi
dokhebi began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek LIBRE eBook Reader PRO
Libre Pro never finishes charging

I've plugged my Libre Pro in to charge and it never seems to finish. Then I unplug it and plug it back in and after a few minutes it shows that it is fully charged but the batter never seems to last as long as it says in the documentation. I've read some posts about pressing the Reset button and then powering on but I don't know if this will work.

It doesn't matter if I charge using the AC adapter or the USB cable plugged into a powered USB port.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

TIA.
dokhebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
If you haven't tried the "Reset" option yet. Try that several times and report back your findings.

I managed to fix a "Demo" model at a Futureshop store that was really messed up. It took several resets before it would boot and react normally.

It is not "How hard" you press something in the "Reset" hole so be careful.

Do not use something too sharp. I found a wooden round tooth pick with the point broken off works great.

Something else you may want to do is hold the reset for a count of 20-30.
It may help in getting rid of any capacitive charge that might be maintained.

Usually a reset involves a cpu line but in this case I don't know if it just cuts the battery out of the loop altogether.

Go ahead and give it a try.

If you are still under warranty I would recommend conversing with C.S. even after you try this. This would record the problem. Make sure you ask for a call reference number for your records.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #3
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
I have been experiencing a similar "problem". My Libre battery life is great but it will ALWAYS charge more if I plug it in again. After getting a full (overnight) charge with the wall plug, it will say it is charged. I unplug it, turn it on, and it displays the "great but not full" charge icon at the top. If, however, I check battery life in settings it will say it is full. Since this is just a minor quirk I haven't done anything about it.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I believe you will find that most chargeable battery systems operate the same way.

If you take an external charger and it's designed batteries you will find that most will go back to a "charge in progress status" from a "fully charged" status when the battery is removed and placed back in the charger. It depends on the charging circuitry and what is used to manage the charge.

As long as the performance is ok (20+ hours of use) I wouldn't worry too much about the status indicator.

As for battery life with both the ALP and the JB I have found that the life depends on what you ask of the device.

If you do a lot of (I call it mucking around) with the unit it is more labour intensive than just reading a book. If you sit there and open/close books, move them around, listen to background music while reading or give a friend an overview of it capabilities you will find that you use more battery power than just reading and the up time will be a little shorter than normal.

John

Last edited by jlg432; 08-16-2010 at 02:42 PM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:28 AM   #5
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
Just wanted to add, that I am experiencing the same problem with my Libre. Leaving it charging overnight, I see a full 100% charge while it is plugged in, when I unplug and go on my merry way to read, I see one bar and low battery warning. I plug charger back in and it goes into baterry full mode (and apparently doesn't do any charging).

One little trick(short of pressing Reset) I have found is to go into Settings -> Battery then plug in the charger, that makes it actually charge as long as it stays on the Settings page, when screen saver kicks in, it goes back to false Battery Full.
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
battery problem, charging battery, libre