Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
GJN
Guilty Bystander
GJN began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook Pro, Kindle, iPad, and other gadgets
Kindle reader needed for Windows and Mac OS X

IMHO Amazon needs to release a Kindle reader soon for both Windows and OS X.

It'd be convenient if I could read Kindle books on my laptop when I don't have my K2 along or when it's too dark to use it. Since I prefer to do my Amazon shopping from a laptop, it'd be handy if I could get previews on the same device on which I shop. It'd save Amazon EVDO charges and would certainly save me time and trouble.

The Windows and OS X readers offered by Barnes & Noble for their eBook store will attract the curious readers who don't have iPhones and aren't ready yet to commit to a standalone reader. Amazon should be ready to compete for this part of their potential clientele.

Even DRM (ugh!) needn't be a stumbling block, since downloaded books could be keyed to machine serial numbers (on a Mac) or Windows ID numbers much like Amazon's iPhone downloads are.

I'd like to hear others' opinions, but I certainly would love such a piece of software, especially if I could link it directly to my calibre database.
GJN is offline   Reply With Quote