Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-20-2022, 04:24 PM   #1
Lou-Who
Lou-Who began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy Kindle Conversion Problems

Hello, new here.
I used to have my iMac + Calibre + Kindle apps & books set up in Calibre to convert and use in Marvin app. I've been out of commission taking care of mom + mom-in-law and now discovered I can no longer convert my Kindle book files in Calibre on my (2019) Mac running Big Sur. I have an old MacBook Pro (1st gen) without Kindle app or Calibre installed, and several inherited Kindle e-readers. I'd GREATLY appreciate some knowledgable person(s)help if Calibre conversion can still be done.?

I have/ have access to:

MACS:

Mac (2019) OS 11.6.1 Kindle + Calibre installed
MacBook Pro (2016) OS 10.15.3
MacBook Pro 1st gen OS 10.6.8

KINDLES:

Kindle DXG Grafite 2.5.8
Kindle (?) Sys V: 6.3.4 (S# D01E A0A0...)
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (3rd gen)
Kindle Fire HD 8 (6th gen)
KindleFire HD 8 (7th gen)

-Lou-Who
Lou-Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 05:44 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
All of the newer Kindle for PC use the new format and it isn't compatible with DRM at all. You would need a Kindle itself and set up its serial number into to Calibre. Which is something we really can talk about here on this forum.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2022, 07:46 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You may want to check the Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre thread in the calibre forum for information and help.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 08:17 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The Fires are actually Android tablets so use MTP on USB. Amazon stopped calling them Kindles because it's confusing and misleading. So connecting a Fire to Calibre is like connecting an Android phone or tablet.

The DXG is really limited firmware and features compared to the Kindle Keyboard 3. No Publisher fonts, no KF8. It didn't get the later FW, because it's really a DX with updated screen. Not enough RAM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote