chazcop
chazcop began at the beginning.

Device: Nook (Wifi only)
Borrowing eBooks From More than 1 Library

Borrowing eBooks From More than 1 Library

Hi,

I signed up to use the NYPL and also the Brooklyn Public Library
http://www.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/
(Manhattan residents can get a card but must go by a Brooklyn branch to validate the card) for Overdrive ebooks (I also signed up for Florida's Alachua County Library
http://www.aclib.us/
--as a number of non-Fl posters here have--but I haven't tried to download anything there yet).

As I recall I had to register Adobe Digital Editions (?). Do I need to open ADE in a different user and reregister?

I may not have to: For now I successfully opened 4 Brooklyn epubs using the same Windows 7 User log in & ADE as I use for NYPL.

We'll see what the morrow brings--will they still work?

Couldn't find any posts about this here or on the web.

Chaz
chazcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
i use two libraries, and just have the one ADE......it does not make a whit of difference which library I download from.

Each library of course, has its own password and id to enter........after that its just a matter of 'download'........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 11:55 PM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
This is absolutely correct. Trust Desert Grandma. The library only cares that you possess a registered copy of ADE, it doesn't care that you use that copy of ADE for other libraries.

You can hop back and forth from one library to another. I also use several libraries, all with one copy of ADE.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote