Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
skdutta
jojobar
skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-900
Adobe Digital Edition - Sony PRS-900

I installed ADE on my windows 2008 server, it cannot see the Sony PRS-900 device.

I tried with the sony ereader software which can see this device.

Did I miss any configuration? If I cannot have ADE see my reader, then can I just drag and drop DRM protected contents from ADE to my PRS-900?

Thanks
skdutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:16 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
skdutta, I'm sorry you haven't had an answer yet. I have the Sony 505, so I'll let you know what I do, sometimes.

If my DRM'd ePub book is already in ADE..

I open the Sony Reader Library and connect my 505.

I click the upper left "File" and on the drop down menu, I click "Import Files".

I click "user" then "documents" then "My Digital Editions"
<My ADE books are stored under user / documents / My Digital Editions on my laptop>

Then I just choose which book to import into the Sony Reader Library. Once there, I just drag and drop to the left pane to the connected Sony.

I hope I understood correctly and that this helps.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:41 AM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
ADE 1.7.2 on WinXP did see my 900 when plugged.

Did you see the 900 on Win Eplorer as drive ?
Have you tried another USB port
Have you tried another ADE version (latest/previous) ?

Is your reader already ADE registered ? If so, you can try to open the acsm file (DRM download file) using the latest Sony Library software.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
skdutta
jojobar
skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skdutta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
skdutta, I'm sorry you haven't had an answer yet. I have the Sony 505, so I'll let you know what I do, sometimes.

If my DRM'd ePub book is already in ADE..

I open the Sony Reader Library and connect my 505.

I click the upper left "File" and on the drop down menu, I click "Import Files".

I click "user" then "documents" then "My Digital Editions"
<My ADE books are stored under user / documents / My Digital Editions on my laptop>

Then I just choose which book to import into the Sony Reader Library. Once there, I just drag and drop to the left pane to the connected Sony.

I hope I understood correctly and that this helps.
Thanks will try this. I was thinking that the book needs to be directly uploaded from the ADE because of DRM protection!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #5
skdutta
jojobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
ADE 1.7.2 on WinXP did see my 900 when plugged.

Did you see the 900 on Win Eplorer as drive ?
Have you tried another USB port
Have you tried another ADE version (latest/previous) ?

Is your reader already ADE registered ? If so, you can try to open the acsm file (DRM download file) using the latest Sony Library software.
Yes I can the reader on the windows explorer. I think this has to do with windows 2008. I am not sure if it is USB as SONY reader can connect to it. ADE is also registered. I think I will try to directly import to the Sony Reader.

Thanks

Tags
ade, prs-900