Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
Hunterpub
Hunterpub began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Images

Hello Everyone:

I've just started using Calibre to convert our HTML files to EPub format. The conversion goes well in most cases, preserving our linked TOCs. What it doesn't preserve in most cases are the maps and photographs in the HTMLs. At least, they don't show up in the View mode on Calibre once the conversion has been made. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong. To make matters more confusing, in one out of 10 cases, the maps do come through to the EPub file for some reason. Anybody have a clue?

We use Kompozer, by the way, to edit the HTML, create the TOC and put in the images.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Michael Hunter
Hunterpub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This may be happening because you have absolute paths to the image files in your html. Check the src attribute of the img tags in the html to see the path to the image file. It should look like "a/b/image.jpg" note the missing leading /
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I'm glad an expert can help you, I just wanted to say welcome
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Michael and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #5
Hunterpub
Hunterpub began at the beginning.

Device: none
Image problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
This may be happening because you have absolute paths to the image files in your html. Check the src attribute of the img tags in the html to see the path to the image file. It should look like "a/b/image.jpg" note the missing leading /
Thanks for your quick reply. Problem is, I'm not a programmer so don't understand some of what you're suggesting. I don't know what you mean by "src attribute" or how to check the path to the image file. Normally, I insert maps and photos in the HTML directly, using Kompozer. Or I insert them in a Word file, then save that file as a "Web page," which converts it to HTML. Either way, when I scroll through the resulting HTML, all the images or maps appear. There are no paths or links to image files that I can see. The images are right there in the HTML -- until I convert the file on Calibre. At that point, they disappear. Want me to send you one of the files?

Michael
Hunterpub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yeah sending me one of these files would be easiest
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images, maps, photos