Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #76
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I must admit that I like to read romances, but for me they are all almost historical. I guess my imagination just likes the days of yore!
I love them too that's why after a whole year of not reading one it's hard to get back into the swing of it. I've picked my book to start with an it's not a ebook. *gasp* but with a sick hubby who has the flu I started an Audiobook instead for now. Shannon Curtis' Guarding Jess. (Romantic suspense) Laura Fortgang is the narrator so it's really good!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #77
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
Here's another Tracie Petterson deal (not free):

The House On Windridge (Truly Yours Digital Editions) Kindle Edition

Originally published by Barbour Publishing, Inc (1998) as Heartsong Presents #287
I have the original can't remember if I read it or not but she's always could tell a story... I was in my teens back when I collected these. Her wing and a prayer was my first book of hers. I have over 500 Heartsong presents behind me on a shelf. I read almost half of them before I boldly went against my mother's wishes joined Harlequin's Romance Club and got 4 historical and 4 super romances each month in the mail. I was such a rebel....We wont go into the Avon and Love Spell Romances I started buying out in public when I turned 18.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:38 AM   #78
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have the original can't remember if I read it or not but she's always could tell a story... I was in my teens back when I collected these. Her wing and a prayer was my first book of hers. I have over 500 Heartsong presents behind me on a shelf. I read almost half of them before I boldly went against my mother's wishes joined Harlequin's Romance Club and got 4 historical and 4 super romances each month in the mail. I was such a rebel....We wont go into the Avon and Love Spell Romances I started buying out in public when I turned 18.
I was a great reader in my teens. Read GWTW by 16. Was reading all the John Jake historical novels. Then started with Joanna Lindsey and Kathleen Woodiwiss from the library. My mom had no issue with us reading romance in our teens. She thought that hiding that part of life was part of why kids get in trouble. She would ask about the stories we read. Now she complains that I have to many books and should get rid of some. I can't seem to want to.
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #79
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Just saw this Dark Desires by Eve Silver .99
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #80
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Just saw this Dark Desires by Eve Silver .99
This is book one of her Dark Gothic series.

I just bought another of her books when Sony had that coupon and now I got another one. Her historicals sound intriguing.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #81
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I was a great reader in my teens. Read GWTW by 16. Was reading all the John Jake historical novels. Then started with Joanna Lindsey and Kathleen Woodiwiss from the library. My mom had no issue with us reading romance in our teens. She thought that hiding that part of life was part of why kids get in trouble. She would ask about the stories we read. Now she complains that I have to many books and should get rid of some. I can't seem to want to.
You have to understand my background. I went through alot growing up but books other than the Bible and religious texts, books were looked down on. I never had a library card. I use to have my niece who went to public school get me books from her school library. She could checked out 5 books so she gave me two of her slots. She would bring me Sweet Dreams and Sweet Valley High books. I read my first Harlequin at a ER Waiting room while my sister who practically lived at the hospital in her younger days was being seen. I think I was in my younger teens it was Hawk of Venice by Sally Wentworth. I was hooked!

It wouldn't be but a few years later when I discover inspirational romance through one of those book club mailings. You know get 4 free books to join a club. It was inspirational books so I was tricked my mother into letting me join. I got 3 inspirational romance and one bible. The books were by Linda Chaikin. Her Buccaneer series. Which is why I love all things swashbuckling I think. I still have them to this day. They are my most treasure possession but it was through that club I got the mailing for Heartsong Presents and was able to join it. They sold my name to a million junk mail lists and then got the mailing for Harlequin and it just got better from there with buying books. At 18 I rebelled and bought whatever books I wanted. I had quite the collection by the time I married at 21 and finally left that place.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #82
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

Kat Attalla Box set
(Former Published Zebra author)

A Little Christmas Magic by Sylvie Kurtz
(Former Silhouette Special Edition)

Repeat Freebie:
Secrets of Midnight by Miriam Minger
Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #83
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Blossom, you must have left singing the HALLELUJAH Chorus all the way!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #84
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
My parents were parents to all or friends. I grew up in Michigan in a small community that was heavy religious. My parents were kinda like hippies. I was playing the roll of your niece for a few of my Pentecostal friends. Glad to see you are happy with your reading choices.
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #85
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
I love the John Jakes books!!! In fact, I'm going to be re-reading them soon starting with The Bastard. I also loved North & South!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #86
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
For whatever reason, I preferred Taylor Caldwell to John Jakes. Can't remember why, it's been SO many years.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #87
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Blossom, you must have left singing the HALLELUJAH Chorus all the way!
Something like that....

Quote:
My parents were parents to all or friends. I grew up in Michigan in a small community that was heavy religious. My parents were kinda like hippies. I was playing the roll of your niece for a few of my Pentecostal friends. Glad to see you are happy with your reading choices.
I now proudly display my romance books. I admit when I went to visit the inlaws and my brother in law asked me what I was reading I had to really side step that one! He's a minister. Not because I was ashamed of what I was reading but for hubby's sake I just mentioned urban fantasy titles instead.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #88
Carmelreader
Groupie
Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Carmelreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, kindle HDX 8.9, ipad pro, ipad mini 2, Voyage, Oasis 2
Oh thanks for reminding me about John Jakes. I loved those. And Taylor Caldwell. Off to check what is available on Kindle. I was a historical novel junkie when I was young, still am a bit. Anyone remember Thomas Costain. Used to get them at our very small town and very out of date library, along with Schoonover and Shellabarger. Would be interesting to see if they held up over time.

Last edited by Carmelreader; 01-08-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Carmelreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #89
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This is book one of her Dark Gothic series.

I just bought another of her books when Sony had that coupon and now I got another one. Her historicals sound intriguing.
I enjoyed her historicals. Even though they're written in 3rd person, there's very little from the hero's POV in the early ones. I think that's why His Wicked Sins is probably my favorite of her histiricals as we get more of the hero's POV. But I enjoyed them all.

This is the same author that wrote Driven and Hidden as Eve Kenin. The only books of hers I haven't read are the new YA and her paranormals. But that's more because I don't like to read paranormals with vampires and demons.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 AM   #90
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I enjoyed her historicals. Even though they're written in 3rd person, there's very little from the hero's POV in the early ones. I think that's why His Wicked Sins is probably my favorite of her histiricals as we get more of the hero's POV. But I enjoyed them all.
His Wicked Sins was the one I bought with the Sony coupon.

I just finished Guarding Jess by Shannon Curtis. I still have goosebumps! It's a Romantic Suspense title by Carina Press. 5 Stars! I was shocked to realize the woman lives in Australia because she writes very American unlike other authors who attempt it. If you like action packed romances then you got to try her books. So far only two but both are 5 star worthy.

I am so looking forward to Drew's story I hope it's next.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-09-2013 at 02:19 AM.