Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Problem with Overdrive 2.4.2

I seldom use Overdrive anymore, but when I updated to version 2.4.1 some time ago, I found a feature that was really cool; I could long press graphics and expand them. Today I started a new book in Aldiko and when I came across a graphic I wanted to see in more detail, I went to load the book into Overdrive. When I opened Overdrive I was prompted to update to a newer version and accepted. This time I was sent to the Google Play Store, where I installed the new version.

Well, the new version (2.4.2) really sucks. Not only are my older books all gone, but now when I long press a graphic something weird, like a word search flashes on the screen and it jumps to another page. Has anyone else experienced this?

How can I find version 2.4.1 and reinstall it?

I would recommend anyone being prompted to update to hold off at this point. (I Googled this version and also found a lot of complaints on the Crackberry forum.)
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The current version is 2.5.0, perhaps that will fix things?

Otherwise a Google for the app name along with the version number you want and .apk usually turns up older versions.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

My apologies, 2.4.2 was not the problem; that's the good one. When I updated, the new version didn't install properly, or something. It still showed "2.4.2" but the long-press image viewer was gone or broken. The Google play store wouldn't let me re-install it until I first un-installed it, losing all my settings. Now I have 2.5.0 for sure and the image viewer is gone. Seems like a rotten trade-off to add some Facebook crap. I'll start searching for the old version until Overdrive fixes the new one.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
oldyellr
Evangelist

Okay, I got to the bottom of this. I was given a link to 2.4.2 on Aptoide and installed the older version again, but that didn't solve the problem I had. Turns out the image viewer was never broken, but the particular book I was reading had some kind of oddball images that couldn't be viewed that way. I re-installed 2.5.0 and found I could still zoom images in some older books I had that I knew worked before.

Conclusion: Nothing wrong with OMC 2.5.0