Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
binbinbook
binbinbook began at the beginning.

Device: pp
Ghosting on PP

Hi! I have a question to everybody. When I read on my PP, I found that after turning a page, there is faint text (white) of the previous page, sometimes very obvious (Especially when I stayed longer on the previous page, e.g. over 1 minute), sometime very less, but almost always I can see them. Is this normal, or I have a defective screen. I googled the web, it seems to be the ghosting with the e-ink, but I also read that the second generation of e-ink screen has improved this a lot, so there should be no ghosting. Should PP also has ghosting, or ghosting is not common with PP?

Last edited by binbinbook; 03-20-2010 at 01:01 AM.
binbinbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Yes, this is definitely normal. Please be assured that there is nothing to worry about. (The e-ink screen can definitely not get any form of burn in either.)

Welcome to the forum, binbinbook!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 02:12 AM   #3
binbinbook

Thank you Javed. I appreciate your message very much. I will not be afraid of the burn in of the screen. Since it is said that full page refresh can erase the ghosting of the previous page, so I wonder why I still see the ghosting of a previous page on my Pocket Pro, while the Pocket Pro uses the full refresh? Javed, do you find any ghosting on your PP also?

Last edited by binbinbook; 03-20-2010 at 02:37 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:19 AM   #4
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
I have only noticed it when a menu has popped up (partial refresh). Does your screen flash to black as you turn the pages?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:25 AM   #5
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binbinbook View Post
Javed, do you find any ghosting on your PP also?
@binbinbook
You're welcome, and yes I see ghosting of varying degrees at times.

For more information about this look at this thread about ghosting.
Also there is more information about this in the MobileRead Wiki at this page. Particularly have a look at the third item under limitations.

Please feel at home here, there are lots of nice helpful folks around. It is my opinion this is a great forum. Keep asking questions and making comments as you want to. There is usually someone around, though some hours it can be a little quiet.
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 06:31 AM   #6
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I have only noticed it when a menu has popped up (partial refresh).
Jusmee, this is usually the main time when it is much noticeable to me also.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I have only noticed it when a menu has popped up (partial refresh). Does your screen flash to black as you turn the pages?
You folks must have "Hawk Eyes". The menu ghost is faint within normal text.

Yes. all is good (again) as soon as the page turns.

I might see where ghosting would be more obvious if one is viewing a page of images with lots of darker areas.

BTW I notice that there seems to be more ghosting while reading on cold days
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Yes, this is definitely normal. Please be assured that there is nothing to worry about. (The e-ink screen can definitely not get any form of burn in either.)

Welcome to the forum, binbinbook!
Ghosting on Vizplex is not normal.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #9
binbinbook

Thanks all of you. This is a very great forum.

Quote:
Yes, the screen flash to black as I turn the pages, I think this is called "full refresh".

Last edited by binbinbook; 03-22-2010 at 01:07 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:21 AM   #10
binbinbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Jusmee, this is usually the main time when it is much noticeable to me also.
I noticed the afterimage of menus also, but this is not a problem for me, since these afterimages will disapper after turning to a new page. What annoys me is the afterimage of a previous page while reading on a new page, the afterimage text is in white (whiter than the background, so it is very noticeable), sometimes it is so obvious that I can read the content of that in blank areas. I tried to turn to a new page, but again I got the afterimage of the page I just turned. This makes me feel the background is not very clean while reading I just want to confirm if this is normal to all the Astak Pocket Pro readers, or I'm having a defective device, since it is still under warranty.

Last edited by binbinbook; 03-22-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:12 AM   #11
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

I don't get afterimages when going to the next page usually, mainly only from using the menu. It seems like it is excessive from what you are saying, binbinbook. I think you should contact Astak.

Robertb is an Astak rep and is on this forum, you could send him a pm here Robertb under contact info, then send private message. Robert is very helpful and would definitely look into it for you! Or email support@astak.com or call 866-368-8788

Last edited by Javed; 03-22-2010 at 02:25 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #12
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Ghosting of image of a previous page

Quote:
Originally Posted by binbinbook View Post
I noticed the afterimage of menus also, but this is not a problem for me, since these afterimages will disapper after turning to a new page. What annoys me is the afterimage of a previous page while reading on a new page, the afterimage text is in white (whiter than the background, so it is very noticeable), sometimes it is so obvious that I can read the content of that in blank areas. I tried to turn to a new page, but again I got the afterimage of the page I just turned. This makes me feel the background is not very clean while reading I just want to confirm if this is normal to all the Astak Pocket Pro readers, or I'm having a defective device, since it is still under warranty.
Dear binbinbook:

I work for Astak; but I am not a tech. My job is more to talk about the devices and provide facts.

It does sound to me like this is not normal if the ghost of the prior page stays after the new page comes up. I would recommend you email (www.support@astak.com) or call tech support at: 1-866-368-8788.

I can say that this does NOT sound normal; and I see no such ghost at all on my own Pocket PRO.

ALSO: WELCOME!! We are very happy that you are posting! We do want you to be happy!

Last edited by Robertb; 03-22-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:20 AM   #13
binbinbook

Thanks Javed and Robertb! Your posts are really helpful! I have sent a email to the support, and am waiting for their response. I'm happy here
Old 03-26-2010, 12:13 AM   #14
binbinbook

Jswolf, Javed and Robert are right, there might be a hardware issue. I've been advised by the tech support to send it back to Astak, and already sent it a moment ago.

Last edited by binbinbook; 03-26-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:14 AM   #15
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

binbinbook, thanks for letting us know they are looking after you!

Tags
ghosting, pocket pro