Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-11-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Topaz format?

I recently bought a book, and it's not behaving like any of the others I ever got. It seems to import successfully into calibre, with no errors, and calibre seems to send it out to the device with no errors, but I get an error when I try to open it.

When I try to View it with calibre, I get the error message, "This is an Amazon Topaz book. It cannot be processed."

I just figured out why I can't open it on my Fire HD. The size is 2.4M in the calibre library, but 0.0 on the device.

When I try to convert it from AZW to MOBI, I get these errors:
Conversion Error: Failed: Convert book 1 of 1 (The Knowland Retribution (The Locator Series))

This is an Amazon Topaz book. It cannot be processed.

I've tried downloading it to my Kindle for PC, and to several devices, but it seems that the only place the book is readable is on the device I download it to.

Is this a format problem with all Topaz books or is something else going wrong?

Thanks for your help.
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
I recently bought a book, and it's not behaving like any of the others I ever got. It seems to import successfully into calibre, with no errors, and calibre seems to send it out to the device with no errors, but I get an error when I try to open it.

When I try to View it with calibre, I get the error message, "This is an Amazon Topaz book. It cannot be processed."

I just figured out why I can't open it on my Fire HD. The size is 2.4M in the calibre library, but 0.0 on the device.

When I try to convert it from AZW to MOBI, I get these errors:
Conversion Error: Failed: Convert book 1 of 1 (The Knowland Retribution (The Locator Series))

This is an Amazon Topaz book. It cannot be processed.

I've tried downloading it to my Kindle for PC, and to several devices, but it seems that the only place the book is readable is on the device I download it to.

Is this a format problem with all Topaz books or is something else going wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Read all about Topaz in our very own Wiki

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/TPZ

Hint: DRM, ask Apprentice Alf , not here.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert