Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-23-2013, 03:49 AM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That's annoying. Only half working can be more annoying than not working at all.

Anyone else out there can try? Also, anyone with a WiFi?

I'm usually a "keep it till it dies" person (my laptop is from 2008 and my phone is from 2006, I think) but, JB HiFi have the Mini at $49 and the Touch at $99. Maybe it's time for an early Christmas present
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #32
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
New version has been posted. This was a bug where I translated the plugin name and shouldn't have, so I recommend that instead of upgrading the plugin you remove it, restart calibre, install it, and restart calibre again. The name of the plugin file will actually change because of this, which is why you should remove it instead of upgrading - upgrading may result in two different files for the same plugin which will cause issues all of its own.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #33
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
New version has been posted. This was a bug where I translated the plugin name and shouldn't have, so I recommend that instead of upgrading the plugin you remove it, restart calibre, install it, and restart calibre again. The name of the plugin file will actually change because of this, which is why you should remove it instead of upgrading - upgrading may result in two different files for the same plugin which will cause issues all of its own.
Can you confirm the Version number - I just deleted the old then went to get the new one and it was 2.2.12 with a date of 8 November. I didn't notice the previous version number so can't be sure if I've actually updated or been too quick off the mark.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #34
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The calibre update server may not have the new version yet. You're looking for version 2.2.13

Last edited by jgoguen; 11-26-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #35
Filmbrain
Connoisseur
Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello Jgoguen --

Forgive me, I'm a bit confused. What exactly is the difference between your KoboTouchExtended plugin and the KePub Output plugin?

In another thread you explained that the reason the KoboTouchExtended plugin wasn't working anymore was due to a Calibre bug. Can/should I try this KePub Output plugin instead, or rather wait for Calibre to fix the issue?

At the moment I cannot add any books to my Aura HD, which is quite a problem.

Cheers.
Filmbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #36
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

This plugin is affected by the same calibre bug.

The difference is that this plugin lets you convert books to KePub and keep them in your calibre library, and the KoboTouchExtended converts books to KePub as they're being transferred to the Kobo device.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #37
Filmbrain
Connoisseur
Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Filmbrain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thanks for the clarification! Here's hoping Calibre fixes the bug soon...
Filmbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #38
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

It will be fixed in the next release. I've submitted the pull request to Kovid and he accepted it.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #39
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Hi,

I am getting an error:

Code:
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Users\\Fra\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_qelnyw\\v7mzzb_epub_container\\kte-css\\hyphenation.css'
As I am testing an epub with footnot, it might also be an epub problem (still the epub is imported successfully).

Any hint on what I might be doing wrong ?

Regards

François

With Calibre: 1.12
Windows 8
Kepub output: 2.2.13
KoboToucheExtended: 2.2.13
Kobo Utilities 1.4.3
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #40
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Wait for the next calibre update.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #41
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Hi

@jgoguen: Thank you for your answer. Glad to see I didn't mess up with something. I will wait

Regards

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #42
Greenmantle
Greenmantle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's annoying. Only half working can be more annoying than not working at all.

Anyone else out there can try? Also, anyone with a WiFi?

I'm usually a "keep it till it dies" person (my laptop is from 2008 and my phone is from 2006, I think) but, JB HiFi have the Mini at $49 and the Touch at $99. Maybe it's time for an early Christmas present

I have downloaded version 1.13 Calibre and 2.2.13 of the KePub Output plugin and have sucessfully converted a book without any error messages. Sent it to the device using the save to disk option and then went back in with Windows exporer and renamed the .kepub file to .kepub.epub

Now I can report that I have full control over the font size and it also has the following kepub traits (at least those I have observed with the pre loaded books):
Dictionary available in the menu
Justification options available in the menu
Bottom of page shows number of pages in chapter rather than complete book
Text is double spaced

Once again, this is with the original Kobo with version 1.8.3

I am dropping hints to my family as to Christmas presents.

Thanks for all your good work, guys.

Cheers
Greenmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmantle View Post
I have downloaded version 1.13 Calibre and 2.2.13 of the KePub Output plugin and have sucessfully converted a book without any error messages. Sent it to the device using the save to disk option and then went back in with Windows exporer and renamed the .kepub file to .kepub.epub

Now I can report that I have full control over the font size and it also has the following kepub traits (at least those I have observed with the pre loaded books):
Dictionary available in the menu
Justification options available in the menu
Bottom of page shows number of pages in chapter rather than complete book
Text is double spaced

Once again, this is with the original Kobo with version 1.8.3
Thanks for the report. I'll add sending kepubs to the pre-Touch part of the driver. It should be in the next release of calibre.
Quote:
I am dropping hints to my family as to Christmas presents.
If they are like my family, getting a few copies of the JB HiFi catalog, circling what I wanted and leaving them lying around the house would be to subtle. Chances are they'd pick it up and use it to show me what they want.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #44
donjon
donjon began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
kepub does not provide the time to the end of chapter

Hello,

I bought a Kobo Aura. I'm using Calibre 1.13 with "Kepub output 2.2.13" and "KoboTouchExtended 2.2.13" installed.
I converted few ebooks in Kepub and sent them to the Kobo Aura through Calibre.

I have now the number of pages remaining to the end of chapter, the book title, the time to end under the book icon from the Kobo Home page but I cannot find the "time to the end of chapter" and "the time to next chapter".
I still only have the 3 icons on the right under my page when I read the book with no possibilityto display the "Reading time statistics".
Maybe I missed something

the software version of my Kobo Aura is: 3.1.0 (d1b2f00933, 29/11/2013)

Thank you for your help.

Eric
donjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #45
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sigh; these stats are NOT available for side loaded kepubs any longer. Kobo MIGHT reintroduce it but I would not count on it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote