Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 12-20-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Buchan, John: Prester John. v1. 20 Dec 07

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by posting this Buchan book. I noticed that there are other John Buchan books being posted, but I really couldn't wait to read this one. And since I formatted it for myself, I figured I would post it and save others the trouble.

This author is new to me. After this I finish this book, I am going to rapidly devour the other ones that have been posted on here.

From description at Amazon:
Nineteen-year-old David Crawfurd travels from Scotland to South Africa to seek his fortune as a store-keeper. He encounters John Laputa, a celebrated Zulu minister, of whom he has strange memories. In his remote store, David finds himself with the key to a massive uprising led by the minister, who has taken the title of the mythical priest-king, Prester John. David's courage and his understanding of this man take him to the heart of the uprising, a secret cave in the Rooirand.

This is a story of lost civilizations, hidden treasures, friendship and betrayal, lions and tigers, witch doctors, and just good old-fashioned adventure.

John Buchan wrote Prester John, his sixth novel, in 1910, seven years after he returned from South Africa. It was his first to reach a wide readership across the world, and it established him as the writer of the fast-paced adventures for which he is famous.

Note: Modern readers should know that Buchan used some racist sentiments completely common at the time.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Buchan John_Prester John.prc (635.6 KB, 744 views)

Last edited by tsgreer; 12-20-2007 at 10:33 PM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote