Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-27-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
sashusmom
Enthusiast
sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iphone 3gs-(JB), asus 1000h, e-ink nook, libre pro, Wht PDN, Huawei s7
protective cover for my libre pro

Hello to everyone here. I have just received my libre pro and have had it for a couple days now. I bought it from Sears.com for $119.00 minus friends and family discount of 10% ( that everyone gets.) $107.00 plus tax and $6.95 shipping. I like a good bargain!

Have only had a minor problem. My computer did not recognize the hardware. After a call to support, he had me reset. Now my books came preloaded on the internal memory- no sd card- so I asked the tech support if this will erase the internal memory- he said no they put v.17 firmware on this unit and that problem was fixed. So I reset..My computer found the reader and my books stayed on the internal memory. V.17 firmware is not yet available on their website.

The only other problem I had was finding a protective case. There are none to find. I wanted one to open like a book. So after scouring the internet I set off for office depot. I bought a business card folio holder that was 5.3 in X 7.7 in. X 1 in. (The label says 0.1 in).

I cut the stitching and removed the plastic card holder and had a great folder to work with.

I slipped a plastic card with a fold (this was packaging from tank tops from costco- a hard plastic envelope that I recycled and cut to fit so it could be inserted.) down the opening and stapled it to be permanent and then mounted velcro to the plastic insert. The fold sat on top on the outside- half went down and half went out. I guess you can stick the velcro directly to the fabric but I wasn't sure it would stick well. The plastic should be no problem for the velcro.

Added the velcro to the back of the libre pro and it works great. So now you have something to clip a reading lite onto at nite. And great protection to throw in your purse. It looks like a large wallet. See the pics I have included. The best part is the cost--$4.99 plus velcro!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	54191   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	54192   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	54193   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.JPG
Views:	352
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	54194   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0013.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	54195  
sashusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
dougf4
Connoisseur
dougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Tablet (Rooted), jetbook lite
I made one remarkably similar to yours sashusmom.

Here's a link with photos.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=20
dougf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
jjm6383
Enthusiast
jjm6383 is on a distinguished road

Device: Pandigital Nova, Aluratek Libre Pro, Dell Axim x51v
I purchased an M-Edge Platform Jacket for the Sony PRS-300 (Personal Edition). It works very well. You do have to remove the Libre from the Jacket when charging or connecting to the computer, but this is easy to do. I've found the jacket extention on the left side works very well as a thumb rest when using slider bar.
jjm6383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:45 AM   #4
sashusmom
Enthusiast
sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sashusmom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Dougf4- very nice job and more manly. Mine seems feminine compared to yours. Must be the quilted pattern and the strap that i left on the libre. Makes it look more like a clutch purse. I like your price.

I've been waiting for a pink kroo sony 300 reader case to show up. $20.00 on amazon includes s&h. More money than I wanted to spend but the best price compared to other sony cases I found. The one I made was a cheap interim protection but came out so nice that I'll probably flip back and forth. I hope the kroo one fits or I'll have it up on ebay!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
dougf4
Connoisseur
dougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-booksdougf4 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Tablet (Rooted), jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashusmom View Post
Dougf4- very nice job and more manly. Mine seems feminine compared to yours. Must be the quilted pattern and the strap that i left on the libre. Makes it look more like a clutch purse. I like your price.

I've been waiting for a pink kroo sony 300 reader case to show up. $20.00 on amazon includes s&h. More money than I wanted to spend but the best price compared to other sony cases I found. The one I made was a cheap interim protection but came out so nice that I'll probably flip back and forth. I hope the kroo one fits or I'll have it up on ebay!
sashusmom - funny that you mentioned the feminine look to your quilted cover....

I almost bought a journal with a very similar cover for my project. Fact is, in the store the cover felt extremely comfortable to hold; kinda like a plush old leather book. It was a whopping $9 at Rite Aid Pharmacy, so lost out on the cheapskate scale to the $4 product I settled on.

Nothing wrong with the way mine feels in the hand, but I bet yours is even better; like gravy on french fries!
dougf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
sashusmom
Enthusiast

I like a little texture on my fries- chili sauce from the Hot Grill in Clifton--the best!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
sashusmom
Enthusiast

Kroo cover for sony pocket reader fits libre pro

Just want you to know that the Kroo cover made for the sony 300 pocket reader fits the libre pro beautifully. I found it on amazon for $17.65 plus $3.00 shipping. It's nice leather with a soft suede interior. Nice quality. I got girly pink. Very nice! I also put the sony 300 screen cover on my libre pro- fits great but it does make the screen subject to glare. I'm close to removing it.

The same cover can be found on ebay for about $15.00 in black and includes a screen saver.( it's $8.00 than balance is shipping costs)