Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
pope_a
pope_a began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600 Touch
Merging Calibre Libraries

Anyone know if you can merge two Calibre libraries and maintain the meta data thet has been created in both.?
My thought is to work on a small library and maintain a full library in the background.
Any thoughts will be gratfully received
pope_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
alexxx
Connoisseur
alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I found this thread while looking for a way to do the same thing:
while away for work for a long time I created a new database from scratch,
now after months away I returned and I'd like to merge it with my old one ... I thought it could be done easily but I dont know how...
The lack of answers to pope_a's question worries me - I think it is an important feature to have!
thanks for any answer...

alessandro
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I didn't try this, but I've heard that when using the save to disk- feature, all metadata should be preserved. So you should be able to save your whole library to disk and re-import everything into the library you want to merge into.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
I created a new database from scratch,
now after months away I returned and I'd like to merge it with my old one ... I thought it could be done easily but I dont know how...
The lack of answers to pope_a's question worries me - I think it is an important feature to have!
thanks for any answer...
Use the "Save to Disk" feature for database 2. By default it will save all your formats in a separate directory for each book. It will also save your cover image and an opf file that includes all the metadata (check the options to make sure). Then use the wizard to point calibre to database 1 and "Add Books-one book per directory" to pick up the books exported from database 2. I would test the process on a few books before trying to do large groups.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library, merge, metadata