Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
A Month of Sundays: Creative Screen Savers

I finally got around to hacking my screen saver today - I just saw Mark Twain's ugly mug once too often and I couldn't take it any more. So when I was thinking about what to replace it with, I had a stroke of genius, and now I couldn't be happier with the results; more than 500 Sundays worth of my favorite comic ever, Calvin and Hobbes.

So what are other people doing for their screen savers? I've seen family pics and the usual "Don't Panic" that gets put by just about every geek on every device at one point or another. What else?

BTW for anyone who hasn't changed their screen saver, I highly recommend it. It's super easy.

UPDATE: Okay, once I got started, I couldn't stop. I converted all the ones that weren't showing up right so they would display in portrait mode, then I did the same for all the daily cartoons as well. Now I have more that 3500 images I'm using for screen savers - and it seems to be handling it just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindleandhobbes.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	30728  

Last edited by weatherman; 06-13-2009 at 06:38 PM.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Very soon after the hack became available, I changed mine (as I did with my Kindle 1). They're mostly personal shots I took myself. I like texture, so I take a lot of shots of interesting textures. Many of them are in landscape mode. All have my contact information in a corner.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert