Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
t4ppo
t4ppo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Help with my (Wifes) kobo touch

Hi #, So she was reading it a few days ago turned it off, then when she came back to read it it wont turn on, it just shows a book cover and tells her its in sleep mode, we have tried all the resets mentioned on here, with no luck, i have tried to remove the internal sd and re flash a copy an image i received off somebody on here, I can now do the resets as mentioned on here and i get various light combinations coming on, but i still have no screen, the light always ends up with a flashing blue led that eventually goes off??? Any ideas???
Kobo have advised me to take this back to WH SMITH where i bought it from , but also advised they could have it for a month! which isnt great.... so any help to get this maybe sorted at home would be great!

Thanks in advance!!
t4ppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
2 possibilities: take a really close look at the whole screen and make sure it's not cracked somewhere (doesn't sound like it). And what are you using to charge it? Try a different USB port and different USB cord or (preferably) a different phone charger and make sure it's not just out of power. Beyond that you're likely stuck taking it back.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert