Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
adamtg
adamtg began at the beginning.

Device: none
Plugin Dev - Examples/Resources

Hello,

This is my first attempt at trying to write a plugin. The existing documentation is good, but i am looking for two functions:

1. Add a new custom column during Initialize()
2. Being able to request that information and modify via an HTTP RPC.

i do not expect a tutorial on that as a response, but if anybody knows any resources i can look at, or a plugin that already does that, and i can look at the code.

thank you,
-=- adamtg
adamtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
It looks like the Reading List plugin (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134856) does custom columns, you could see custom column code from there to see how to add/read them.

As for the HTTP RPC, I'm not aware of any plugin that listens and processes RPC events but you could probably look though calibre's code (Kovid or anyone more familiar with the calibre code could point you at the right place) to see how to best handle listening and responding to requests, or point out any reason why that may not be such a good idea.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look at smart_device/driver.py for an example of a server that listens for connections. Other than that there are no plugins that I know of that create servers, HTTP or otherwise.

calibre ships with cherrypy (which it uses for its content server) so you should be able to create a http server with that fairly easily.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote