Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
L33ntje
L33ntje began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Red face Making bookmarks in Moon+reader

Recently I skipped from a regular E-book reader (Trekstor) to a Samsung Galaxy tablet, and after trying out several e-reader apps, I chose Moon+reader because of the many options for customizing.

Unfortunately, this app comes without a user's guide, and I would desparately need one. So far, I've managed to figure out most of the functions I want and need, except one : how on EARTH do I make a bookmark, in case something goes wrong and I completey loose my way in the books I was reading ?

I have some (badly) converted PDF-to-Epubs,and when, for instance, I accidentily enlargen the font too much or skip to the beginning of the book, (an dat least a dozen other ways to screw up) there is no turning back to where I was except 'leafing' though 500+ pages.....again, and again....and again......

And not just for that, all in all I would LOVE to be able to make bookmarks whereever I like. I've spent hours seatching the Internet for a manual or a hint , but so far I came up empty-handed. I read something about notes, an I CAN make a note on a selection of text, but I have NO idea where to find those notes again, even though they were saved. So,I can't use those as bookmarks either.....

There is probably something VERY simple I overlook, but I am really getting very desparate......
L33ntje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Do you have a "percentage read" indicator in the bottom right corner of the screen? Press and hold that percentage and a screen will pop up, allowing you to add a new bookmark or see your existing bookmarks, notes and highlights. That's the default setup. You can go into the "Control Options" and change that behavior if you wish. This is part of what you said about Moon+ being so customizable.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2013, 04:07 AM   #3
L33ntje

Thank you ! It took me a while (and a few mistakes) , but now I get it. It was indeed very simple yet well hidden : bookmarks (and notes and highlights) are under 'favorieten' , (favourits) where I never would have suspected them.....
Now I could configure them any way I like. (Long tap on screen).

Next mission : figure out how to stop the last sentence of a page from being the first sentence on the next.

It's pretty self-explicatory as long as you know what all the words mean, and can overlook some translation-errors. Maybe I should just set it on English......
Old 05-11-2013, 04:35 AM   #4
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by L33ntje View Post

Next mission : figure out how to stop the last sentence of a page from being the first sentence on the next.......

In miscellaneous settings uncheck keep one line when paging.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #5
L33ntje

Searching....transating.....testing....yes !! That was the trick.

And I thing I definitely should change the langauge to default / English. The Dutch translation IS rather okay, but somehow probably not done done by someone who knows 'e-reading terminology' or something. I've seen the same kind of 'puzzles' in, for instance, crochet or knitting patterns translated by someone who never crocheted or knitted. Wrong synonyms tend to slip into the translation, making it rather.....ununerstandible.
Thank you -both -verymuch for helping me on the way.

Still, I think it´s too bad there is no manual-user/guide or at least a trouble-shooting-guide for Moonreader. It all CAN be found out in the long run by loads of trial and error, anda good memory, but sometimes simply begin able to look something up, might savealot of frustration.

Al in all,I AM getting the hang of it, and liking it more and more.
Advert
Old 05-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #6
L33ntje

I don't understand why my reply does not show up and I can't repost it ??
Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #7
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Thanks for the tips to all. I use moon reader plus and did not know about the above mentioned. I enjoy this app and use it the most of all my reading apps. love the night view....my default setting for themes....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote