Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 08-16-2004, 09:29 AM   #1
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
9/11 Commission Report

Hey All,

I would like to share this link to the executive summary of the 9/11 Commission report. This link is easily converted with isilox enjoy!

http://www.kottke.org/plus/misc/911commission.html

The full report is available here in .txt http://asmallvictory.net/911_Report.txt .

The full report is available here in .pdf http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2...fullreport.pdf .

I was trying to find the document in .html with hyperlinks etc but was unable to find it. If anyone knows of the document in .html please post.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:51 PM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Interesting read!
Advert
Old 08-16-2004, 01:13 PM   #3
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

http://asmallvictory.net/archives/007261.html seems to have the entire report in .txt format, with links to the html versions
Old 08-16-2004, 03:02 PM   #4
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Thanks Kaitou Ace! I'm going to check it now.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:35 AM   #5
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Unfortunately, these versions of the document you've linked to above all suffer from the same problems I corrected in my version. I also added quite a bit to my version to make it easier to read and navigate on a handheld as well as a desktop browser.

I've added links to the annotations, broken up logical sections into their own chapters, reformatted and correct several thousand common punctuation errors, merged the incorr-ectly hyph-enated words, and turned the HTML I produced into 100% standards-compliant XHTML 1.0, so I can source it with dozens of other tools as necessary.

Once Google is done indexing it and adds it to its search results, it should be available on the web as the only searchable, indexable, superlinked copy of this document, in HTML format (copyright me, of course).

I will be making a version in iSilo format and text format soon, once I add some iSilo hacks to the upstream HTML (iSilo doesn't support some pretty common HTML constructs, which Plucker has always supported, so I have to change the HTML to retain the same level of rich HTML linking and formatting that Plucker users enjoy, because iSilo is the less-capable reader in this category).
Advert
Old 08-20-2004, 10:38 AM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker
...I will be making a version in iSilo format and text format soon, once I add some iSilo hacks to the upstream HTML
Wonderful!!!!!! I've iSilo'd the others and it's readable, but not the best format. This would be great!
Old 08-20-2004, 12:30 PM   #7
Zire
Fanatic

That would be great hacker! Cooleo
Old 08-30-2004, 12:25 AM   #8
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
9/11 Commission Report in iSilo format is here!

After working around iSilo's lack of support for some pretty common HTML constructs, I managed to get a "mostly"-perfect version for iSilo users. It doesn't look quite as nice as the Plucker version, but I'm sure when the author of iSilo gets around to supporting HTML fully, it will.

In any case... feel free to fetch it and spread it around. The content in this report is very important for people of any culture, but especially to United States citizens, especially this close to voting time in the US.
High-resolution version
c3d6741f62bdfffbcf5bbeb2c82b4a7a
1,302,868 bytes

Low-resolution version
b49124fc8a35080c243425dffcd21186
1,041,860 bytes
And of course, for those wishing to get the latest Plucker version, I just released version 1.5, which you can get here.

If you want to see more documents and ebooks of this quality, please feel free to support my work by donating. I also take requests for other documents you want converted.

Bugs, comments, suggestions for improvement... of course, email me or reply in this thread.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:46 AM   #9
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Awesome!!!

Just loaded up the hires version, and it's great! Not only does it look nice and have great hyperlinks, it also loads much faster than my text version.

Nice job!!!!!!!!