Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 07-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Cain, Paul: Fast One. v1.5 16 July 07

CORRECTION: Changed Paragraph attribute to point 10. Version 1.5 indicates this correction

I highly recommend Paul Cain if you like hard-edged private eye novels.

Here's one quote:

"The edgiest pulp novel ever written. Fast One was originally a collection of stories featuring the gambler/gunman Kells. The tales ran in Black Mask magazine from 1931-1932. This work has been occasionally republished, most recently as a graphic novel by No Exit Press. Raymond Chandler considered this novel "the high point in the ultra hard-boiled manner."
Little is known about the life of writer George Carrol Sims, who used the pseudoynms Paul Cain for his pulp career, and Peter Ruric for his tasks as a screenwriter. Sims was that rarest of creatures--a succesful novelist and Hollywood scribe..."

I hope you like it.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-16-2007 at 07:35 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Paragraph attribute now set to point 10

See the main upload
Advert
Old 07-25-2007, 05:55 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What was the original paragraph point size? I personally prefer 11point for the paragraph size. Looks good at small that way. 10point gives a size that is too large at medium.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:06 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

The original was in point 9, which I experimented with for only one book (of all the books I've ever uploaded). It was a poetry book I did for a member here. The point size was changed to accomodate the longer lines one needed for reading the poem.

Anyway, in the processs of finishing that book, I ended up doing five or six othe books that day and forgot to change back to my preferred font size of 10.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that for you 11 point is perfect for small [but too large at medium]?

I personally like point 10: I read in small size, but for me medium is too large.

By the way, I love Paul Cain's work: it's hard-hitting, very literate crime noir. Have you had a chance to read it yet?

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What was the original paragraph point size? I personally prefer 11point for the paragraph size. Looks good at small that way. 10point gives a size that is too large at medium.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:50 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll have to give 9 point a go and see how it looks at medium. But from looking at 10 point, I know 9 point is just going to be too small. if I'm guessing correctly, small is whatever small is, medium is 2 points larger and large is 2 points larger then medium. So 10 point small would be 12 point medium and 14 point large.
Advert
Old 02-12-2008, 09:50 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Actually, I have become used to 10 point now and it looks fine. Plus it gives more text per page.