Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #136
Ghiizhar
Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghiizhar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
First Men on the Moon on a Blackberry....
Ghiizhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #137
rleguillow
Always Reading
rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FW 1192, PRS-700, kobo, Rocket, PRS-650, Nook Glow, Kobo Glo, others
One of Anne McCaffery's dragon books - don't remember which one - one one of the Palms - also don't remember which. That is MANY years/devices/books ago!
rleguillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #138
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I believe it was "The Other Queen" by Philippa Gregory which came as free download with my Sony PRS-505. Received the 505 as a Christmas gift in 2008 and from then on I was hooked on eBooks!

Don't recall reading any fiction on computers or any other handheld device before that.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #139
KindleChickie
Connoisseur
KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DX, iPad 2, Kindle 3, Nook simple touch
It was this book on my K2. No idea why it is no longer showing a Kindle version as I still have it in my archieves....

Muraqaba: Art and Science of Sufi Meditation
Khwaja Shamsuddin Azeemi (Author)
KindleChickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:49 AM   #140
Running Man
Running Man began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350 & PRS650, Kobo EReader, Acer 1830TimelineX
Wow, that was a long time ago. I think it was around 2001 - had a Sony CLIE T615 - back then, I could only get Sci Fi books - I think it might have been Lord of the Rings. Things sure have changed.
Running Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #141
HudsonSpike
HudsonSpike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD10
On a computer: Alice in Wonderland

On a tablet: The Bible (ESV)
HudsonSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #142
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
"Ozma of Oz" on a Psion 3C.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #143
Silmarillion
Nameless Being

The Picture Of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, on a Kindle Keyboard.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #144
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
I first starting exploring the concept of ebooks when I got my ipad in 2010. The first book I read on it was Apples edition of Winnie the Pooh, and since then, many books are enjoyed cozily tucked up in bed
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #145
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Starting in 1979, various technical manuals printed on a Model 43 Teleprinter.

Staring in 1981, various technical manuals on various computer screens.

My first "real" ebook was A Princess of Mars, by Edgar Rice Burroughs in 1993. It was on a CD-ROM of PD works. I read it on an Amiga 2000, using a text editor.

My first ebook on an ereader was A Trace of Memory, by Keith Laumer -- included in Baen's edition The Legions of Space. I read it in 2010 when I got my JetBook Lite. At the time I believe it was in their free library, and I jumped at the chance to re-read one of my favorites from high school.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #146
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
"Lenin, Stalin and Hitler : The Age of Social Catastrophe" by Robert Gellateley, on a Nook Simple Touch. Excellent book.
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #147
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Oh, now someone mentioned a child's book, which makes me realize that the first book I actually read when I got my iPad was Peter Rabbit. I had forgotten about that.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #148
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Smile

The Calligrapher's Daughter in May Of 2012.Mix of the kindle app for PC and the kindle 3 Keyboard.
Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:06 AM   #149
ereadingdotcom
CEO, Ereading.com
ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Wow, what a great question! I think it was A TALE OF TWO CITIES and I read it on a Palm Pilot around 2000? I started reading even more, though, when I got one of the first compact smartphones, the Kyocera 6035. That thing was amazing for the time and I used it constantly. My first purchases were from Fictionwise, as I recall.
ereadingdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #150
Alecia Stone
Explorer
Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alecia Stone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I haven't a clue, but that's a good question. It wasn't even that long ago that I started reading ebooks since I got my kindle last year, but I can't remember the first ebook I read. But it was on my Kindle. That much I know
Alecia Stone is offline   Reply With Quote