Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 04:15 AM   #1
LMF
LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad, Kindle
Regular Expression - Adding metadata from filename

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to set up the regular expression in adding books so that it reads some metadata from my filenames but I'm really lost with it. I've read through the manual and tutorial on using regular expressions and have tried all sorts of combinations with no luck. I'm an absolute beginner with this stuff.

My filenames are listed either as:

052184214X.Cambridge.University.Press.The.Idea.of. the.State.Mar.2005
or
0521012732.Cambridge.University.Press.The.Bigger.B ang.Jun.2002

All I really need to be able to pull out of the filenames is the isbn's and the titles - the publisher (Cambridge University Press) and the date added to the end aren't needed and from what I can tell from the "test" they can't be added anyway.

So yeah, if anyone has any advice or can write up an expression for me to try it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
LMF
LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.LMF can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad, Kindle
Hi again,

Ignore the above - there's some errors in what I've written and I've found a way to get the isbn from the above examples. For anyone interested the expression is

(?P<isbn>.+?)\.(?P<title>.+)

Just note that this does not separate the whole filename out - it puts the isbn in isbn and everything after that in the title. I'm sure someone more skilled than me could sort out the publisher and published date but for what I need it for it does the job for me.

Happy calibre'ing!
LMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert