Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #76
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
One of my fondest memories involves being remembered by Terry Pratchett. I was one of the original geeks on Compuserve SF Forum and he had a web-cast (in text those days). The protocol for finishing your sentence was to type ga (go ahead.)

So, being the smart ass I am, whenever I finished a question, I typed in gaaaaaa!

About a year later, he was at a WorldCon I attended and I boldly walked up and introduced myself, stating that I was pshrynk and had thoroughly enjoyed his webcast.

He said, "Ah, yes! The demented psychiatrist! It was a lovely chat!" I then bought him a banana dacquiri.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #77
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
He said, "Ah, yes! The demented psychiatrist! It was a lovely chat!" I then bought him a banana dacquiri.
Wow! Both touched by the voice of a Small God, and you're a demented psychiatrist. I think I love you, pshrynk (Don't worry - it's probably just another psychosis winging its way in for a weekend stay).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2008, 12:25 AM   #78
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
Don't discount 'Where's My Cow' just because it's a children's book! I love it as much as my kids do.

My favorites are DEATH, Vimes, and Granny Weatherwax. Oh...and the Librarian. Ook.
momghoti is offline   Reply With Quote