Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Sync Sideloaded ebooks?

I'm sorry if this has been asked fifty times already. I tried doing a search and didn't come up with anything.

I have a Kindle3. I'm able to add Amazon's ASIN (product code) to my MOBI ebooks, sideload them onto my Kindle and my Android phone and then I get page syncing between the two devices. It doesn't work with the notes, but I don't care about that.

I recently bought a Nook Tablet. I would like to sync between the NT and my phone. Has anyone come up with a way to do it yet?
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Unfortunately sync on nook only works for content purchased from B&N, not for sideloaded content.

As far as I know, there's no workaround. If you need sync, you'll have to use 3rd party reading apps, like Mantano, which in version 2 offers sync (though I understand the sync feature is not free, you have to get a subscription).
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
It's not a deal-breaker like I thought it would be. I can just as easily do a search in my book for a phrase and then go to that page. So far, I'm still happy with my Nook Tablet.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote