Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free Book - Secrets (K)

Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #8: Secrets, by John Jackson Miller, is now free to pre-order in the Kindle store. This is the last book in the series and if you'd rather have all eight collected into one volume, Random House has that available as a pre-order as well (currently on sale for $4.99). If you missed any, Amazon still has all of them, unlike some stores that have dropped to only one title.

Book Description
It’s the beginning of the end for this epic series in the thrilling final eBook installment, Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #8: Secrets. Two thousand years ago, Commander Yaru Korsin braved mutiny and desperation—and inspired his shipwrecked Sith tribe to rise up, seize, and dominate the planet Kesh. Now a shocking revelation about those legendary ancestors has thrown the Sith into turmoil, pitting one against the other in ever-growing clashes that could bring about their downfall. With his city descending into chaos around him, unassuming archivist Varner Hilts sets off for the forbidden temple, home to the wreckage of Korsin’s ship, Omen. Outnumbered by ruthless Sith warriors with nothing to lose, Hilts knows it may be a suicide mission. But he has a hunch that Korsin left something behind, something hidden until such an essential time as now—one final piece of knowledge that could save the rulers of Kesh from themselves and set them once again on the path toward a glorious destiny.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Got the pre-order.

Thank you.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Maybe someone here can elucidate the situation regarding this series for me.

I'm a long-time Star Wars fan and, while I lost touch with the Expanded Universe somewhere along the way, I was enthused about it at the beginning and read a bunch starting with Heir to the Empire. So when I got my Kobo, it was a no-brainer to download the first six volumes in this series which was offered on Kobo for free.

I'd like to read the rest of the series. To thank Kobo for offering the first 6 for free, I would prefer to buy volume 7 (and, eventually 8) from them, it seems only fair. Yet they're not available at any price on Kobo at this time. Are volumes 7 and 8 Amazon exclusive or something?

Oh, and the pre-order costs $1 for me, it's not free, so the pre-order being free might be a U.S.-only thing?
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Concerning the price, it's completely free for me. (U.S.A.)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
How big are the individual stories in the "Collected Stories" edition? Is this 8 books for < £5 or are they short stories? If it's the former, that's quite a good deal I might take advantage of
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can get 7 from BooksonBoard right now (free for US, anyway), but it's the only one they have.

I expect 8 to be free elsewhere, once it is released. They are all short stories, JoeD.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You can get 7 from BooksonBoard right now (free for US, anyway), but it's the only one they have.

I expect 8 to be free elsewhere, once it is released. They are all short stories, JoeD.
In that case, not such a good deal and I'll pass cheers.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #8
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
How big are the individual stories in the "Collected Stories" edition? Is this 8 books for < £5 or are they short stories? If it's the former, that's quite a good deal I might take advantage of
Yeah, all these Lost Tribe things are shorts, which tie in to some other series of novels (the name of which escapes me) so I guess they are more like teasers.
But, hey, free is free.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
JoeD
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Yeah, all these Lost Tribe things are shorts, which tie in to some other series of novels (the name of which escapes me) so I guess they are more like teasers.
But, hey, free is free.
If it were free in the UK I'd have downloaded it anyway, but sadly it's not and I'm not into short stories enough to buy it.

Although it has reminded me there's a lot of SW books I've yet to read, I should take a look at how many are available in ebooks now.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #10
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Thanks for that, Koland. I signed up for BoB, and listed you as a referred when prompted. I appreciate it!

My sense of them was that they were novella length, not short-story length, when I read each of the first 6, though. Though one person's novella is another person's short story, I suppose.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #11
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Cool Woh....

[QUOTE=scrapking; .......................I lost touch with the Expanded Universe somewhere along the way........................[/QUOTE]

Bad stuff man......

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I got 1-7 of these eBooks at the Sony store for free but haven't read them yet. I didn't realize they were small stories - the files are 1.7 mb.....
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
Thanks for that, Koland. I signed up for BoB, and listed you as a referred when prompted. I appreciate it!

My sense of them was that they were novella length, not short-story length, when I read each of the first 6, though. Though one person's novella is another person's short story, I suppose.
Looks like they all run about 37-40 pages. Not really long enough to be a novelette, but definitely longer than a most magazine short stories.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #14
scrapking
Evangelist

Quote:
Looks like they all run about 37-40 pages. Not really long enough to be a novelette, but definitely longer than a most magazine short stories.
Wow, I went back and checked and, yes, most of them are around that length. Huh. Seemed longer when I read them.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:16 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Secrets was just delivered to my Kindle several hours ago. Now that I have the complete series, I'll finally read them.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote