Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #31
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Im so glad you enjoyed this! And I do agree about the end....but it was so satisfactory...alot of my lgirlfriends were met online in the early days of the net...and that was definately a familiar feeling for me written.

I usually dont send emails to authors but I made it a point to send him one. No reponse though lol. Either way...this book speajs to me lol.
doesn't take a lot to please me with regards to books. if they're fun / entertaining then i will always enjoy it. add in a topic that i like and it's that much more pleasurable.
thanks again for the rec.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #32
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I'm not a gamer but am a child of the 80s so I have added this to by TPR pile

It was also featured on the Barnes & Noble BLog the other day http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...s/ba-p/1150946
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #33
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've added it to my WTR list.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #34
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Thanks for the link!! And to find out that Will Wheaton (Wesley Crusher of ST:TNG) does the audio book??? Awesome!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #35
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Thanks for the link!! And to find out that Will Wheaton (Wesley Crusher of ST:TNG) does the audio book??? Awesome!
oh noooo... lol sheldon will definitely not like that
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2011, 09:02 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I must have assurances that "A Flock of Seagulls" will not be mentioned in any kind of positive way, before I commit to purchasing this book.
Guess you won't be buying this book. A Flock of Seagulls is awesome.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just reserved Ready Player One in ePub from the library. So the cost to me is free.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:10 PM   #38
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Guess you won't be buying this book. A Flock of Seagulls is awesome.
Lol yes!! And if they are will it make you run

Run so far away?
Old 10-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #39
Artisan
Miles away from ordinary.
Artisan began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Ive got about 30 pages left.....its an odd feeling not wanting to read the rest because you dont want it to end.
I'm in this exact situation.

I was reading a page here, a paragraph there while working because I couldn't wait. Now I have about 50 pages left and I am holding off because I want to focus and read it over dinner tonight.

DANG, this book is good.

I'm almost convinced to go out and buy any book by an author with 'Cline' in their name.

I just got rocked by the sequel to Ex-Heroes (Ex-Patriots), by Peter Clines. Now this.

At the rate I'm reading, I need to get a part time job to pay for all the books!

I was trepidatious about the price as well - I read the sample and went to buy and thought . . . Sheesh, $12 (US). That is a lot for an ebook, but so far I don't regret it. Let's hope the ending doesn't let me down!
Artisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #40
Artisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
oh noooo... lol sheldon will definitely not like that
Wrong decade - we're focused on the 80's here!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #41
Artisan

Quote:
So long Enders Game. You were at the top for a long time....but you have been replaced by an author unknown to me at the time.

Atop the leaderboard now sits Ready Player One.

Thanks Ernie Cline for writing this.

Its not so much the writing style as the feelings and memories being brought back....and the fact I live in Cincinnati Ohio.....about 20 minutes from Middletown lol.
This saddens me a little because Ender's Game was on my next to read list until I got wind of Ready Player One, it leapfrogged the four or five books I have queued up.

Not that I'll think less of Ender's Game, just that I want to ready another Ready Player One right now.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #42
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan View Post
This saddens me a little because Ender's Game was on my next to read list until I got wind of Ready Player One, it leapfrogged the four or five books I have queued up.

Not that I'll think less of Ender's Game, just that I want to ready another Ready Player One right now.
Oh it's a fantastic book, but this one just has the nostalgia and the story that I have been craving that really fit who "I" was/am.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #43
ProjeKtWEREWOLF
Imperator Vult
ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProjeKtWEREWOLF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Kindle
I began to read this not expecting much from it.....I finished it in two days and loved it. I would recommend this to anyone that I thought would 'get' the in-jokes and geeky references.
ProjeKtWEREWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #44
Artisan

Quote:
Oh it's a fantastic book, but this one just has the nostalgia and the story that I have been craving that really fit who "I" was/am.
I was only kidding about the saddening. I'm a few chapters into Ender's Game and loving it so far.

Are the sequels any good or should I just leave it at Ender's Game?
Old 10-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #45
jhempel24
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan View Post
I was only kidding about the saddening. I'm a few chapters into Ender's Game and loving it so far.

Are the sequels any good or should I just leave it at Ender's Game?
There are like 4 main novels...then the Enders Shadow series which is a parallel to Lenders Game from the point of view of Bean.