Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
bilbothejust
Enthusiast
bilbothejust is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad -> Nook Color
Problem with Consumer Reports subscription

Quick question to anyone else out there...yesterday I had a new Consumer Reports (Jan 2011) issue show up on my Home Screen with a little green label on the magazine cover saying "Download". Of course I pushed it and nothing happened...so, I long tapped the cover and pressed "Read Now" and nothing.

So, I sent B&N an email about this with no reply as of this morning. I then checked my visa online and noticed that last night I was charged for the subscription. I then called B&N support and spent 35 minutes on the phone with 2 different people and the takeaway from these people? They are experiencing problems with the ebook version of Consumer Reports (their words) and they would refund me for the subscription. I asked why they are still advertising a magazine they can't deliver and their response was "we will refund your subscription".

I am so pi$$ed at B&N support and would love to email the CEO. Anyone have any ideas with how to deal with this?

Last edited by bilbothejust; 12-09-2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: missed prefix
bilbothejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
deleted

Last edited by boswd; 12-09-2010 at 11:15 AM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
bilbothejust
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
deleted
Was it something I said?
Old 12-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
I don't know if it's a general issue with magazines and newspapers, but it takes forever to download an issue of either on my NC. This is on 10mb internet too. I can download a gig file in a matter of minutes, not sure why it takes so long for the NC to download a few MB file.?
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
bilbothejust
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
I don't know if it's a general issue with magazines and newspapers, but it takes forever to download an issue of either on my NC. This is on 10mb internet too. I can download a gig file in a matter of minutes, not sure why it takes so long for the NC to download a few MB file.?
Thanks coolbreeze...I'll give it another shot.
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbothejust View Post
Thanks coolbreeze...I'll give it another shot.
and double check to make sure you are connected to your wi fi, it won't download if your not.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:45 AM   #7
bilbothejust
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
and double check to make sure you are connected to your wi fi, it won't download if your not.
Well, my WiFi is fine so that isn't the problem. I connected to the store with the NC and actually tried to purchase again. It said I already purchased it so how do I get it then? Tried from my laptop and NC and still get the same message."Already purchased"

Explain that if you can.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
bilbothejust
Enthusiast

Update: After not much luck on the phone with B&N support re. my magazine subscriptions not showing up and not letting me re-download I took my NC into my local B&N store. The rep there was very helpful and within 5 minutes all my content was back where it should be.

The fix: De-register the NC and then re-register. All the content that you previously purchased will be re-downloaded. It doesn't affect anything you might have on your sd card.

Glad that this was so easy. Sorry about the rant earlier re. B&N support. The person I got initially just didn't know. I am chagrined as well.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #9
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
It is becoming increasingly apparent to me (not that I didn't already know) that the optimum way to get support, if you can, is at your local B&N store. They've actually trained the in-store people properly.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
It is becoming increasingly apparent to me (not that I didn't already know) that the optimum way to get support, if you can, is at your local B&N store. They've actually trained the in-store people properly.
This is good to know!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote