Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #16
gabryael
gabryael doesn't littergabryael doesn't litter

Device: Nook Color
There is also a method to change the Nook Color directly to accept adhoc networks:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=868354
gabryael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #17
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but if you ever reprogram your phone (be it using option 1 for complete reprogram or option 2 to update roaming) you will have to do the QPST write to phone again. It loses the settings upon programming.

With that in mind gabyrael's solution might be better on the Nook if you have a rooted Android phone and are using Wirless Tether or Barnacle.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #18
gabryael
gabryael doesn't littergabryael doesn't litter

Device: Nook Color
Just tested it out and it worked like a charm. I should mention I'm tethering from my HTC touch pro 2.
gabryael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #19
mxrodriguez
Enthusiast
mxrodriguez is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook, NookColor
I tried both Barnacle and Wifi Tether.
Both work great, but Wifi Tether gave me more consistent connections without drops. The interface seemed a little simpler (ie. easier) to use as well.
mxrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote