Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Two Kobos, One Kobo Account

I am thinking of adding the wifi edition of the Kobo to my collection soon.

I already have a Kobo, and an active Kobobooks accounts. I can access Kobobooks books on my Blackberry as well as the original Kobo; and read the ePub in Adobe Editions on my PC.

If I buy a second Kobo, can it be added to this same account in the way my two Kindles share one account at Amazon?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:07 AM   #2
MDK
Kobo Developer
MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
Yes, you'll be able to use the same account across as many devices as Kobo supports.
MDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2010, 02:33 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The one issue I can see with this involves ADE. Each time you change out one machine for another you get a message to authorize the new Kobo as it 'remembers" only the last one used. I do not know if ADE keeps track of the specific devices you have authorized, so it knows that you are using the same two readers over and over, or if it counts each authorization toward your 6 device limit.

My husband and I each have the same ADE account, but loaded on separate computers, so his reader is authorized on his computer and mine is on my computer. We do not keep authorizing over and over again using a single installation of ADE. I have friends in a a one computer household who have decided to side load using Calibre for the same reason.

It would be a good question for someone in Adobe support.

Last edited by taming; 10-14-2010 at 02:36 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote